Fatal Error regarding FreePBX on Raspberry Pi

Hello FreePBX forums! This being my first post, I’d like to thank everyone who contributes to the community and helps the inevitably curious when events like fatal errors occur.

Speaking of fatal errors, I have recently encountered one in which I have no idea how to handle. Warning: I am new to VOIP, FreePBX, etc.

I have a RaspberryPi (a small single board linux computer) that I am using as a full LAMP stack with Asterisk and FreePBX server, which I would never be able to do without Nerd Vittles aka Ward Mundy (http://nerdvittles.com/?p=3026). It’s connected via network hub to a Linksys PAP2 phone adapter which routes to a pulse to DTMF converter which routes to a 1953 Western Electric C/D 500… as you can tell, I’m somewhat phreakish when it comes to classic phones. It has been working like a charm for months now.

Today, I attempted to place a voice to text message on the ol’ virtual Ma Bell; lo and behold, no dial tone. Pulse to DTMF converter works (when dialing rotary, when the rotation is finished it makes the more familiar tone). Linksys PAP2 works, but the LED indicator for the phone on the box is dead. Hmmm…

Logging into the RPi with Putty, I updated and got a message saying the Asterisk was down… weird. Couldn’t bring it back either. Tried going the GUI path with FreePBX via Chrome (using my local IP address) and got a big, scary, arcane message dealing with SQL functions and other voodoo:

FATAL ERROR

SELECT data FROM module_xml WHERE id = ‘mod_serialized’ [nativecode=1032 ** Can’t find record in ‘module_xml’]SQL -
SELECT data FROM module_xml WHERE id = ‘mod_serialized’

Trace Back

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/sql.functions.php:11 die_freepbx()
[0]: SELECT data FROM module_xml WHERE id = ‘mod_serialized’ [nativecode=1032 ** Can’t find record in ‘module_xml’]SQL -
SELECT data FROM module_xml WHERE id = ‘mod_serialized’

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulelist.class.php:17 sql()
[0]: SELECT data FROM module_xml WHERE id = ‘mod_serialized’
[1]: getOne

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/modulelist.class.php:11 modulelist->modulelist()
[0]: db_mysql: (phptype=mysql, dbsyntax=mysql) [connected]

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/module.functions.php:357 modulelist::create()
[0]: db_mysql: (phptype=mysql, dbsyntax=mysql) [connected]

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/utility.functions.php:1379 module_getinfo()
[0]:
[1]: 2

/var/www/html/admin/libraries/utility.functions.php:1355 _bootstrap_parse_hooks()

/var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php:159 bootstrap_include_hooks()
[0]: pre_module_load
[1]: all_mods

/etc/freepbx.conf:9 require_once()
[0]: /var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php

/var/www/html/admin/config.php:105 include_once()
[0]: /etc/freepbx.conf

Digging through the file system, I got some clues together but honestly have little to no idea what the hell I’m doing, and am not proud of it.

So, before I go off and restart from scratch, I simply wonder if anyone can point me in the right direction. I heard a prior version of Asterisk (that is, with my luck, on my RPi) had a large security issue that was updated a while back… might this have something to do with it?

If not, best regards to all who read this. Hopefully a bit more time learning the zen of all this will lead me down the path of VOIP enlightenment… or to more Fatal Errors.

Surely you mean dtmf to pulse converter, but there is a full blown and functional RasPBX image that will save you time and angst, but be aware that using a stressed sd card can spoil your whole day, it can be hard to diagnose but one bad bit is one too many. The RasPBX project makes much effort to de-stress your memory.
Last point, why are you trying to involve a 500 set in a text message?, if you have a gateway that does that then it is not asterisk/FreePBX, look elsewhere.

No, I reread and obviously you did mean pulse to DTMF, sorry.

Thanks for the reply. If it’s the card that’s stressed, I have a couple more that can cut it.

I use the voice to text mainly for the entertainment value or when I’m typing something else and want to respond to a message immediately. Besides, I have a penchant for anachronisms.

I have a 48x8 bell patch cord “foreign exchange” in my living room , circa 1950’s complete with counterweights on the jack cords and wedgebulb lit switches for hold and bus, also 48 volt battery and transformer and selenium rectifier for charging. it also has a dial but no handet, there is “a jack for that”, actually two, you can conference hold and all that shit.

I rarely use it but it still works, and the lights flash very pretty at 10cps if you dial . .

It does do voip though.

I believe the correct term for that device is a “cord board”

Do all the lights on the Jack Field still work? What type of wood is it?

That is a valuable device, does it have a Western Electric Plate on it? If so was it made in Branchburg, NJ?

I am a Telephone Pioneers of America member, used to be real active until local Museum closed after Ameritech was bough back by the new AT&T

looks like a mahogany veneer, its a little battered, I have lots of T1-3/4’s ( one and three quarters of an inch I believe, who invented the T designation I wonder?) from my 1A2 days. No identification anywhere.

My first “telecommunications” job was running one of those at a hospital in the mid 1960’s when I was in High School!

Let’s see: Automated attendant with voice recognition, text to voice, voice to text using a cellulose/carbon memory system…all of the features that a modern PBX has!!!

BF

I like that analogy, one could also add that even then there were security issues, the first attack vector identified was ernestine.ringy-dingy.

Decided to start from scratch and it’s up and running like a champ. Now testing the shiny new fax server… oooh aaah.

The anachronism lives! Especially in dicko’s case… jeesh I thought I was retro. Post a picture of it if you get the time. Maybe SkykingOH could identify it. Is it sad to say I’ve never seen a cord board in my entire life?

Is it sad to say I’ve never seen a cord board in my entire life?

It’s sad the the Pioneer;s museums are going away, the fact Dicko and I older than dirt doesn’t really factor. I have to say I do not have a cord board in my living room. Perhaps Dicko would like our decorator’s number. I have to calculate “spousal technology acceptance factor” into my acquisitions. The fact I have home automation, IP telephones, whole house media server (Windows for now because of digital cable) only speaks to the patience of the lovely Misses Skyking.