FATAL ERROR DB Error: insufficient permissions

I don’t think Asterisk is running. You must have changed some things because you have webmin. How was the system originally installed?

I saw you changed asteriskrundir in asterisk.conf, it should be /var/run/asterisk

foo was just an example but certainly you can use it.

So anyway is asterisk running? Do a service asterisk status

When you do an amportal restart do you see any errors when asterisk tries to start?

Hi Sky,

So Asterisk was running, I could make and receive phone calls – I just couldn’t access the FreePBX front end GUI, and then when I could access the GUI (by following your suggestion), FreePBX couldn’t attach to Asterisk. But the engine itself was running, because I could make and receive calls.

I originally installed the system by first installing CentOS, then Webmin, then the manual package install. I am using a cloud server, and I’m not able to install as an appliance from an ISO, etc. The cloud company requires that I select a base preconfigured OS that they have approved.

“I saw you changed asteriskrundir in asterisk.conf” << but I didn’t, or don’t think I did. I don’t know why I would have done that. That said, I wonder if something I did from within webmin or from the GUI caused the change?

On foo, yes, I understand. I originally set it to use the asterisk user – and that worked for getting to the gui! – but the gui was identifying that it had no attachment to Asterisk (Error). So… I figured I’d just do exactly as you suggested, to see if it would work. But yes, thanks for that clarifying remark, I understood.

I was frustrated with the system being down for a week, so I wiped it out and started a FreeSwitch installation. I am interested in providing cloud VOIP to non profits, so in the end I’ll need some type of multi-tenant solution. I haven’t seen that available from FreePBX, although I really liked the FreePBX GUI. It was sweet.

Thank you for all your help. I might try FreePBX again in the future. Fly safe,

~~ Mark

NP