Fanvil PA2 question

I have a question about a Fanvil PA2 that is not really related to FreePBX. I’m taking a chance because some other FreePBX admins might have an answer for me.

One of our customers has a Fanvil Pa2 plugged in an amplifier to broadcast intercom messages. The broadcasting is done via a BLF on Yealink phones configured with a multicast address. It works fine on all the phones, as they are listening and broadcasting anyhting that they receive from the multicast address. The Fanvil looses the first 4-5 seconds of audio. Anyone else ever had the issue ? I’m with Fanvil support on this but I was curious to see if someone had a solution.

Again, I know that this is not FreePBX related, but I think that this forum is a good place to ask, there are a lot of very knowledgeable persons here !

Hello @chrischevy,

It can be a codec issue or a high impedance. Usually, this is happening because of bad wiring (ethernet or analog), long distance, not enough power to the PA adapter etc.

Can you show me the multicast configuration settings of the fanvil?
And if you can share a screenshot of the wires that are connected to the amplifier it would be great.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

Hello @chrischevy,

Take a look at this diagram:

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your reply. After my original post, I’ve tried changing the CODEC to PCMU instead of G722 and it looks like it might have fixed the issue. I’m still waiting for an official confirmation from the customer but I think it’s good. I will confirm later.

2 Likes

Seems like the audio is now missing completely. I will go on site tomorrow to check.

Hi @chrischevy,

Don’t forget to send some photos.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

Sorry for the delay !
In the end, the problem was not the Fanvil ! The amplifier in which it is plugged in is too slow to detect the audio, so it cuts the first 4-5 seconds of audio before broadcasting. It’s an amplifier that allows to play music on the speakers, and when there is a paging call, it stops the music to play the paging message. The customer does not use the music feature so I plugged the Fanvil in another Input on the amplifier and now all is good. Thank you for your help.

1 Like

Hi @chrischevy,

So it was a high impedance problem like I thought.
Good job in detecting another input port to use.

Thank you,

Daniel Friedman
Trixton LTD.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.