Failover settings not applied to all accounts

In attempting to configure a second, third, fourth line on a Sangoma s500 phone, I found that the redundancy settings that are set in end point manager are only applied to the primary extension.

Is there a way to tell end point manager that the redundancy settings should be applied to all extensions configured on a specific device?

Is there some other method that I should be using to configure the redundancy settings on a per line basis?

Are you saying you are trying to configure 3 other lines as different extensions? If so that wont work for redundancy. Failover IP is for primary account 1 only.

Correct, 4 lines, 4 different extensions. There is an option that can be set from the web interface on the phone with a failover IP for each account. All of the accounts receive the primary Destination Address but only the first line receives the Backup Destination Address.

What I found was that if I manually enter a Backup Destination Address in the phones Web UI for the other lines, all of the lines will register and be able to receive calls, but none of the lines are able to make calls out.

in EPM we only allow failover for account 1 at this time to keep things simple. You would need to look into base file edit in EPM to hard set the Ip address for accounts 2 thru 4. Not sure why you are setting up 4 different extensions on the same physical device.

Well maybe there is a better way to do what we are doing. We have sales folks who are selling multiple products, each product has it’s own DID and IVR. So sales folks have phones that are set up as follows. Depending on what line someone calls in on or they know how to answer the phone.
product 1 = ext 1123
product 2 = ext 2123
product 3 = ext 3123
product 4 = ext 4123

I realize that ring group prefixes can be used to display which IVR a call is coming from etc . . . and that we could use feature codes for dialing out through a specific DID. The sales folks seem to like the simplicity of just pressing the button for the right line. That being said, I am open to suggestions if there is a more sane way to resolve this issue.

Your approach makes sense and is simple to operate. I like that.

So, the real question becomes how to implement the redundancy settings. Actually, the real question might be “what are you expecting redundancy to do for you?” If you can explain what you want to happen there, it might make it a little easier for us to offer some alternate suggestions.

We have a combination of internal users and external users. At the moment internal users connect directly to the phone system using a dns address sip.example.com.
The external users are connecting via VPN. These users will connect the the pbx tun0 address
In order to use the zero touch provisioning for the sangoma phones, the sangoma phone template needs to be the default template.
What I would like is to use zero touch provisioning for all users, but not require all users to use the VPN . . . at least for now.

i see 3 possible solutions to this problem:

1. allow the VPN client to use DNS and allow the VPN connected phones to register to the ethX interface on the pbx
  2. Allow all extensions to use redundancy settings
  3. Configure all clients to use the VPN connection

From other posts that I’ve been reading, it appears that the solution that sangoma would prefer that folks use is option 3.

Login prompt will ask if they are external or internal. In global settings of EPM define a internal and external IP. Then you can create 1 template for external amd 1 for internal and mark them respectfully of internal or external default.