Failed to login - Sat, 02 Apr 2011 21:41:27 +0530 - Failed to login. [FATAL] Unable to connect to Asterisk Manager from /var/lib

Hi All, Can I get some help please. I have an asterisk/freepbx install on Ubuntu 10.10 and am facing the below issue after having upgraded to Freepbx 2.9.0rc1.1.

Version:
FreePBX 2.9.0rc1.1 / Asterisk 1.8.3 / Ubuntu 10.10

Problem:
After upgrading FreePBX, Asterisk shows up as ERROR in red in PreePBX System Status. Also, when attempting to apply config changes, this error is thrown:

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

exit: 1
Sat, 02 Apr 2011 21:41:27 +0530 - Failed to login.
[FATAL] Unable to connect to Asterisk Manager from /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf, aborting

1 error(s) occurred, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details.

Thanks in advance,
Abhi

Thanks for your reply.

• Netstat confirms that port 5038 is open.

• I’ve also updated the password between “/etc/amportal.conf” and “/etc/asterisk/manager.conf”.

• I’m now seeing a different error when attempting to reload FreePBX:

Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

exit: 1
not writable[FATAL] retreive_conf failed to get engine information and cannot configure up a softwitch with out it. Error: ERROR-UNABLE-TO-PARSE

1 error(s) occurred, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details.

• Asterisk still shows as RED and Manager Proxy as YELLOW on the status page.

Regards.

Can you go to Advanced Settings page, set Display Readonly Settings to True and see if you have anything in Asterisk Manager Proxy Port.

If you have, clear that field and save.

The “Asterisk Manager Proxy Port” in Advanced Settings is blank.

OK, then check your /etc/amportal.conf for the word ASTMANAGERPROXY= and make sure that there is nothing at the right of the = sign

There was nothing there.
I just upgraded from RC1.1 to Freepbx 2.9.0.1, and now the Manager Proxy option is gone.

Also, the “failed to login” problem is fixed. the manager.conf file needed work. Here’s what the final file looks like:

[general]
enabled = yes
webenabled = yes

port = 5038
bindaddr = 0.0.0.0

#include manager_additional.conf
#include manager_custom.conf

[admin]
secret = amp111
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,command,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan,originate
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,command,dtmf,reporting,cdr,dialplan,originate

Thank you all for your help.

/Abhi

Only two reasons it could not connect, the credentials don’t match between FreePBX and Asterisk or FreePBX can’t connect to the AMI port.