Failed to copy from module agi-bin

That one is a bit odd. A notice is posted the first time a new module is available on the repository that never existed before. You need to delete it manually. It does not go away if you download new modules. (To complicated to explain why). The module upgrades available is different, this one can be reset and further more, it only tells you about upgrades for modules you have installed. It should not bother you with modules you don’t have installed.

However - of most interest is how some of the bugs are coming along?

That one is a bit odd. A notice is posted the first time a new module is available on the repository that never existed before. You need to delete it manually. It does not go away if you download new modules. (To complicated to explain why). The module upgrades available is different, this one can be reset and further more, it only tells you about upgrades for modules you have installed. It should not bother you with modules you don’t have installed.

How do I delete it manually?

However - of most interest is how some of the bugs are coming along?

Not sure what you mean? The issues I had the last couple of days seem to have been cleared up.

with the little red x in a circle.

As far as the issues you have been having that have cleared up - it would be great to provide a summary of what issues you had that the dashboard and framework upgrades may have cleaned up. It’s hard to follow the thread sometimes, and we are tracking hard to see if what we have done has really cleared up the problems.

[quote=“p_lindheimer”]can you please do the following, assuming the directory below is where you keep retrieve_conf:

[code:1]
cd /var/lib/asterisk/bin
cp retrieve_conf retrieve_conf.original
wget http://mirror.freepbx.org:/retrieve_conf
chown asterisk:asterisk ./retrieve_conf
chmod +x ./retrieve_conf
[/code:1]
Now test with that - and also, you can just type:

[code:1]
./retrieve_conf
at that point to test and see what errors you are getting. What I sent should get rid of the agi-bin error you are getting - well, kind of, it should at least be more meaningful as to what the issue is. Then let me know what the other warnings are. Also - let me know what OS you are running because I’ve now tested this on Ubuntu Server with PHP5 and I still can’t get the errors (some of which I don’t think are incorrect).[/quote]

That got rid of all the warnings and the agi-bin error.

thanks - I’ll assume the Framework update just put out does the same, it effectively did the same thing. If not, post back.

Yup, the errors are now gone, I did notice one odd thing though.

This is the output of /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf.original

[code:1]Checking for PEAR DB…OK
Checking for PEAR Console::Getopt…OK
Checking for /etc/amportal.conf …OK
Bootstrapping /etc/amportal.conf …OK
Parsing /etc/amportal.conf …OK
Parsing /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf …OK
Connecting to database…OK
Connecting to Asterisk manager interface…OK
Added to globals: ASTETCDIR = /etc/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTMODDIR = /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
Added to globals: ASTVARLIBDIR = /var/lib/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTAGIDIR = /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin
Added to globals: ASTSPOOLDIR = /var/spool/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTRUNDIR = /var/run/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTLOGDIR = /var/log/asterisk
Added to globals: CWINUSEBUSY = true
Added to globals: AMPMGRUSER = admin
Added to globals: AMPMGRPASS = amp111
Please update your modules and reload Asterisk by browsing to your server.

and this is the adjusted /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf

[code:1]Checking for PEAR DB…OK
Checking for PEAR Console::Getopt…OK
Checking for /etc/amportal.conf …OK
Bootstrapping /etc/amportal.conf …OK
Parsing /etc/amportal.conf …OK
Parsing /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf …OK
Connecting to database…OK
Connecting to Asterisk manager interface…OK
Added to globals: ASTETCDIR = /etc/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTMODDIR = /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
Added to globals: ASTVARLIBDIR = /var/lib/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTAGIDIR = /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin
Added to globals: ASTSPOOLDIR = /var/spool/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTRUNDIR = /var/run/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTLOGDIR = /var/log/asterisk
Added to globals: CWINUSEBUSY = true
Added to globals: AMPMGRUSER = admin
Added to globals: AMPMGRPASS = amp111
no crontab for root
no crontab for root

I’ve no idea what cronjobs it’s talking about.

dirk, i see the same difference, and now i’m getting periodic messages in my inbox like this:

Subject: Cron root@sphinx /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx-cron-scheduler.php
X-Cron-Env: <SHELL=/bin/sh>
X-Cron-Env: <HOME=/root>
X-Cron-Env: <PATH=/usr/bin:/bin>
X-Cron-Env: <LOGNAME=root>
X-Cron-Env: <USER=root>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:27:02 -0400 (EDT)

PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin on line 488
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php on line 1384
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php on line 1384
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 4 in /var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php on line 1384
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 5 in /var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php on line 1384
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 6 in /var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php on line 1384
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 7 in /var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php on line 1384
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 9 in /var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php on line 1384
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 8 in /var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php on line 1384
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 10 in /var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php on line 1384
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 9 in /var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php on line 1384
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 11 in /var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php on line 1384
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 12 in /var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php on line 1384
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 13 in /var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php on line 1384
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 14 in /var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php on line 1384
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 15 in /var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php on line 1384
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 16 in /var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php on line 1384

(snip many more lines)

[quote=“dirk”]
no crontab for root
no crontab for root
[/code]

I’ve no idea what cronjobs it’s talking about.[/quote]
You are running retrieve_conf as root - you should be running it as asterisk. retrieve_conf checks if a crontab entry is running for asterisk that it uses as part of a framework for any FreePBX components that need scheduled jobs.

[quote=“danswartz”]dirk, i see the same difference, and now i’m getting periodic messages in my inbox like this:

Subject: Cron root@sphinx /var/lib/asterisk/bin/freepbx-cron-scheduler.php
X-Cron-Env: <SHELL=/bin/sh>
X-Cron-Env: <HOME=/root>
X-Cron-Env: <PATH=/usr/bin:/bin>
X-Cron-Env: <LOGNAME=root>
X-Cron-Env: <USER=root>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:27:02 -0400 (EDT)

PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /var/lib/asterisk/bin/module_admin on line 488
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 2 in /var/www/html/admin/functions.inc.php on line 1384
PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 3 in /

(snip many more lines)[/quote]
sounds like you may still have a really high level of error reporting on in your php.ini file. However, the issue being reported, line 1384 should be looked at as it is part of an internal XML parser that I know has some problems (although none that should result in the XML files we use with it). So - do open a bug about that warning and in the bug report, also suggest that the cronjobs have their output and stderr redirected to /dev/null (once beta testing is over). In the bug report, please put this into a code block since the line number above will inevitably change (functions.inc.php line 1383-6):[code:1] function tagClosed($parser, $name) {
$this->arrOutput[count($this->arrOutput)-2][‘children’][] = $this->arrOutput[count($this->arrOutput)-1];
array_pop($this->arrOutput);
}

I am getting the same error:

Failed to copy from module agi-bin

Retrieve conf failed to copy file(s) from a module’s agi-bin dir: copy(/usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin/recordingcheck): failed to open stream: Permission denied
copy(/usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin/user_login_out.agi): failed to open stream: Permission denied
copy(/usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin/directory): failed to open stream: Permission denied
copy(/usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin/enumlookup.agi): failed to open stream: Permission denied
copy(/usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin/list-item-remove.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied
copy(/usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin/checksound.agi): failed to open stream: Permission denied
copy(/usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin/fixlocalprefix): failed to open stream: Permission denied
copy(/usr/share/asterisk/agi-bin/dialparties.agi): failed to open stream: Permission denied

Added 6 minutes ago
(retrieve_conf.CPAGIBIN)

I have tried all your suggestion above but none of them are working for me

I have FreePBX 2.5.1.0

Any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

sincityharley,

Please post this as a new post as this thread was about a issue with a beta copy from two versions ago. Your issue is not the same as here.

I know if you scan the forum for the works “failed to open stream: Permission denied” this has been covered a few times in the last few weeks.