External call forwarding with Sip Trunk and the p-preferred-identity

Hi :slight_smile:

I have an old self-hostet freepbx 13. Some weeks ago I moved from bri-port-Cards to SIP and everything was working fine until now … I have an unsolved situtation …

If I add a call-forward to an external phone number everything is working fine: exept someone from external calls the forwarded number and then i have a busy signal

-- Called SIP/my-provider/017612345678
-- Got SIP response 603 "Declined" back from 25.26.210.61:5060
-- SIP/my-provider-00001830 is busy

Of course it can not works because the sender number is wrong and the sip provider checks the first 8 (?) digits (its a business account, i have more then 100 extensions). So i calling the provider and he is explaing me I have to change the p-asserted identity with the p-preferred-identity.

I found this possible solutions:

1. “Settings|Advanced Settings” find the field “SIP sendrpid”. It is probably ser to “no”, set it to “pia”.

or

1. “Trunk|my-provider|Sip Settings” and add this lines to the advance SIP Settings of the SIP Trunk;

trustrpid=no
sendrpid=pai

or

going to the extensions and set the fields to
Trust RPID = No
Send RPID = send Remote Party ID

But nothing of them is working … have someone for me an adivice what I have to do?

Regards,
Manuel

FreePBX has no built-in logic to send a P-Preferred-Identity header, but you could write a pre-dial hook to do that. See

What should happen if you send the correct header? If the provider allows you to send a number that’s not yours, the hook is a good solution. If it would allow the call to go through, but would send your company number as caller ID, it’s a good solution if that behavior is acceptable.

If your provider does not support sending a number that’s not yours, but you need the original caller’s number to be passed to the forwarding destination, consider using a separate trunk for those calls.

I am guessing that you are in the UK, based on the IP address posted, even though the example number seems to have too many digits. If so, take a look at Voxbeam. Calls to UK fixed are ~0.4p; major mobiles are ~0.8p.

What should happen if you send the correct header? If the provider allows you to send a number that’s not yours, the hook is a good solution. If it would allow the call to go through, but would send your company number as caller ID, it’s a good solution if that behavior is acceptable.

The Provider told me that we have to change the p-asserted identity with the p-preferred-Identity for this kind of calls. The Provider checks the first 8 digits.

The call forwarding its just for the internal people, so its not a problem to send them the fixed company number …

OK the solution is:

• own outgoing route
  • own hardcoded CID in the route

? correct ?

Myself, the company and the provider are located in germany.

Is really not possible to send the p-prefered-identiy instead of the p-asserted identity?

my dream solution is:

• seperate outgoing route for call forwarding
  • changing the p-prefered-identiy with p-asserted-identity just for this outgoing route

Thanks a lot for the feedback …

Regards,
Manuel

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.