Extensions_override_freepbx.conf

I’m using Asterisk 13 and FreePBX 13, i think my question is very simple, but i wan’t to know how to fish to reuse it after.

I see that Dialplan are generated by freepbx, BUT we got a file named “extensions_override_freepbx.conf” that here for something !

I wanted to use this : https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Asterisk+13+Application_MixMonitor

with my two extensions i added of two softphones (3CX and X-LITE) can someone show an example?

That’s for overriding the standard contexts added by FreePBX. Anything you add there will override the FreePBX standard contexts.

What are you actually trying to do? FreePBX uses MixMonitor for all kinds of stuff already.

There are lots of examples of using MixMonitor in /etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf .

What is it you’re actually trying to do?

I’m trying to have a .wav or a .mp3 whatever of a call i made in local and with a little trunk

Recoding options for all extensions, queues, and trunks are handled for you in FreePBX.

It sounds like you need to just finish installing FreePBX and set up your extensions. Recording the call can be set for “Force” and everything the extension does will be recorded into the recordings directory.

Yea, it’s only to learn about VoIP, and i’m very new into it.

How can i know in what directory thoses records are going?

/var/spool/asterisk/monitor/yy/mm/dd/ where ‘yy/mm/dd’ is the date.

Sadly, there is nothing there, did i configure it like it should?

In the extension configuration, there are recording options. Use those.

1 Like

Just so we’re clear: referencing an esoteric and hard to use specialty option in Asterisk is not the same as learning about VOIP.

Set up the FreePBX system. Set up your extensions. Set them up to record everything. At the end of the call, you should have recordings in the monitor directory that you can access through the CDR module.

1 Like

Thank you for your help !

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.