Extensions only recording outbound calls

Hello,

I have 20 extensions on a FPBX server running version 2.3.1.7. Five of the front reception phones that take calls from their main number are set to record all incoming and outgoing calls. However some of them is only recording outgoing, even though they are set to always record incoming and outgoing. I’ve tried deleting and re-adding the extensions that are having the issue but they still only record the outgoing only. Anyone know if this is a bug or even better know of a solution to this?

Hi,

The inbound calls that are not recording, are they coming in via a queue? If so, you need to set the recording option on the queue as well as the extension.

Graham

they are not part of a queue but all of the front phones are int the same ring group.

well it’s time to crank up the logging and trace a call and see…

at the linux prompt type asterisk -r
then type set verbose 5
then make a call that causes the problem (without anything else going on if possible or it get’s busy and harder to read).
when done type set verbose 1
to reduce the logging again. If you don’t it will keep that new level which also happens to get written off to /var/log/asterisk/full along with other things and the file will consume more diskspace then before.

I’ll see if i can get a clean log entry then and post it as soon as I get it.