Extensions/Endpoints with multiple contacts sometimes being lost

I’ve had this issue a few times now and then and can’t seem to get it resolved without having to jack up the number of allowed Contacts for an endpoint. Basically, I have several endpoints that allow two Contacts because they have two physical phones in different locations (say, one in the office on their desk and one at home) – same extension number. When everything is working fine, they appear like this in the PJSIP Peers list:

Endpoint: 112/112 Not in use 0 of inf
InAuth: 112-auth/112
Aor: 112 2
Contact: 112/sip:[email protected]:5060 06778722bd Avail 48.652
Contact: 112/sip:[email protected]:12610;x-ast-orig-host 64d24419aa Avail 8.568

Again, everything works as expected. But, then, there will be a temporary network outage or something that causes one of the extensions to be disconnected – even if just for a few seconds. When that happens, it often cannot reconnect. If I check the logs, it says that it cannot register extension 112 because doing so would go beyond the limit of 2 contacts. If I look at the list again, it will be like this:

Endpoint: 112/112 Not in use 0 of inf
InAuth: 112-auth/112
Aor: 112 2
Contact: 112/sip:[email protected]:12610;x-ast-orig-host 64d24419aa Avail 8.568

…clearly showing only ONE out of TWO allowed Contacts.

It’s like it loses the Contact and knows that there is now only 1 when I check it, but when trying to register, it still thinks the old one is there.

I can resolve this by just pumping up the Max Contacts number for the endpoint – but that seems like it shouldn’t have to be done.

Am I missing something? Is there a better way to check for Contacts for an endpoint so that I can at least see why it thinks it is already at 2 out of 2 when it only shows 1 out of 2 in the GUI?

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.