Extensions.conf warning in log file

Hello,

I don’t have a lot of experience managing Asterisk or FreeBPX. however I noticed the following in my logs:

[2018-09-17 13:06:47] WARNING[17592] pbx_config.c: The use of ‘_.’ for an extension is strongly discouraged and can have unexpected behavior. Please use ‘_X.’ instead at line 5648 of /etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf
[2018-09-17 13:06:47] WARNING[17592] pbx_config.c: The use of ‘_.’ for an extension is strongly discouraged and can have unexpected behavior. Please use ‘_X.’ instead at line 5649 of /etc/asterisk/extensions_additional.conf
[2018-09-17 13:06:47] WARNING[17592] pbx_config.c: The use of ‘_.’ for an extension is strongly discouraged and can have unexpected behavior. Please use ‘_X.’ instead at line 127 of extensions.conf
[2018-09-17 13:06:47] WARNING[17592] pbx_config.c: The use of ‘_.’ for an extension is strongly discouraged and can have unexpected behavior. Please use ‘_X.’ instead at line 128 of extensions.conf

I vi’d the 2 files in question and found the lines where there is indeed a “_.”. There is a header at the beginning of each file stating that FreePBX has control of these files.

So my questions are:

1. is something to be worried about these warnings?
  2. where in the FreePBX gui do I make the needed changes?

Thanks in advance.

–Kenny

So my questions are:
1.is something to be worried about these warnings?
2.where in the FreePBX gui do I make the needed changes?

Thanks in advance.

1. No, they are there on purpose.
  2. See 1.

Dave,

Thanks for the reply. However I’m a mite confused.

If the warnings are there on purpose, then how do I correct the issue causing the warning?

If the issues don’t need to be corrected then why are they in the logs?!?

Appreciated.
–Kenny

You can’t correct it.

There is a disagreement between Digium and Sangoma on this warning. Sangoma does not believe it is an issue, Digium does (did)

See above.

Doh!! Hate it when mom and dad fight…
Ok I’ll just ignore this for now.
Thank you for the lesson. Most appreciated
–Kenny

Under /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf

[options]
dontwarn=yes
1 Like

Andrew,

Thanks for the suggestion, however it didn’t work. I made the change and a minor change to get the GUI to apply the changes and the warnings continue.

It does work You have to restart asterisk.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.