Extension Variables for BLF Keys

I am using FreePBX version 16.0.28 with about 300 Yealink T54W phones. I am trying to program blf indicators for joining queues and pausing queues. Currently my working solution is to edit every single phone for a department queue or create a separate template for each extension in a department.
-example for joining a queue *45xxxx*qqq (x=extension q= queue number)
-example for pausing a queue *46*xxxx

This works but it is a ton of extra work. I have searched Yealink forums for an extension variable that could be used and had no luck. I found this previous post: BLF state is not appearing for Queue Login/Logoff and Pause but that solution did not work for me either.

My hope is to be able to create a phone template in EPM for every department requiring a queue. Any advise is appreciated.

Thank you,

[code markup added - mod]

This should be fairly easy to do. You’d need a template for each queue but the line variable should pass without issue. I’m going to see if I get a hold of a T54w to play with and verify for you.

1 Like

Thank you so much!

I found what works through this post: Endpoint button template with blf extension variable

I didn’t understand but putting the __line1Ext__ variable in EPM will translate to the phone once the template is pushed out. It is working! Thank you for reply!

[code markup added - mod]

1 Like

Please use pre-formatted text for the variables and hint, otherwise it messes with the formatting

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.