Extension Ringing Status

Hi,

We are running FreePBX 2.10.1.9 with 6 active extensions - 1 hard-phone and 5 soft-phones.

The PBX is currently setup to ring all phones for all incoming calls. I have since changed something (a suggestion found on a support site) in an effort to only allow one call per extension. There were two main reasons for this.

1. So you were not spammed by others while you were trying to talk to someone. The ringing noise in your ear was very off-putting.

2. So others could see your visibility as ‘on the phone’ rather than ‘ringing’. For some reason, even though you are on a call - the fact that another call is coming in, takes precedence and the status changes to ‘ringing’ before someone else grabs it, then it goes back to ‘on the phone’

The change I made was to edit the /etc/asterisk/sip_custom_post.conf file with the following:

call-limit=1
call-limit=1
call-limit=1
call-limit=1
call-limit=1
call-limit=1

(one for each extension)

This worked. The problem we now have is that when we want to transfer a call to someone, we are not able to do so unless we just put it straight through. Normally we ring that person first, to let them know who to expect etc… Obviously, the system sees this as another call and disallows it.

Is there a way to edit the above file to only put a limit on OUTgoing calls? This way I’m presuming it would still allow the transfer to happen (unless of course the recipient was already on a call).