Extension manipulation questions

Hi all,
I have 2 questions:
Question 1 - I have 2 lines coming into my PBX, line 1 is the main line, line 2 is a privet GV connected to 1 exten (2222)
Is it possible to restrict all extensions from calling 2222, and 2222 from calling all others?

Question 2 - 70 extensions are school bells and intercom (the phones are setup up to auto answer, and connected to speakers)
I have them divided into ring groups (lets say, rooms 1 through 5 are in group extension 100) so when I call exten 100, I get all 5 classrooms. So, the question is, can I block these extensions from the out-bound callers but leave the group exten (100) open?

Thanks

Bump…

Answer 1 - there are a couple of commercial modules that might help you here. I suggest you contact the sales folks to see if one or more of them can help you.

There are a few commercial modules that deal with extensions accessing contexts and routes, but I’m not sure which one would be the easiest for you to set up.

Answer 2 - See Answer 1.

Actually there are a couple of ways to do Answer 2. The first would be to set up a special context that is only accessible from the interior network and only from a few specific extensions. Another would be to set up a Misc Destination that ties your ring groups to a special “*” code. For example, you could set up “*661” to ring ring group 101, “*662” to ring RG 102, etc. and limit these to specific extensions.

So, there are several ways to do #2.

Which commercial modules? I searched for the, no luck…
I installed the “special context” module, but I have no idea how to use it :frowning:

Commercial Modules link is the list of modules that are available for FreePBX. There are a couple; the inbound routing module and a the extension management modules that might help you.

The Custom Context module is a way to expose custom code that you’ve written into your dialplans. Between it and the other “MIsc” and “Custom” options, you can do a lot of really cool stuff from the GUI. Of course, that presumes a level of familiarity with the system and an understanding of how to write and use custom contexts. Out of the box, there are no simple ways to do what you want done.