Extension does not ring

after upgrading to the latest beta. the physical extensions does not ring. call goes to voicemail. I can make calls from the extensions but i can not receive
any pstn calls or extension to extension call. they go straight to voice mail.

problem solved. it was a permission misconfiguration after the upgrade of the modules.

Thanks a lot :wink:

make sure you have upgraded the latest framework module, and make sure your permissions on any of the autolinked files (like dialparties.agi) or not set to read only for asterisk or the proper ones won’t be copied. If you are still having problems, then open a new thread and discuss the issue.

from this morning after updates it seems that I can’t dial internal extensions. I have solved putting

require_once $config[‘ASTAGIDIR’]."/phpagi.php";
require_once $config[‘ASTAGIDIR’]."/phpagi-asmanager.php";

in

/var/www/admin/modules/core/agi-bin/dialparties.agi

but now doesn’t work

[Jul 4 11:53:52] VERBOSE[4022] logger.c: – AGI Script dialparties.agi completed, returning 0

ok - install the latest FreePBX Framework module udpate and the symlink problem should be gone.

that seems to work for me,tx

thanks, the is_empty has been fixed and will be in beta2, it should be empty() if you want to manually change it for now.

guys,

can you try the following and report back to me. Put things back as they were (so they fail again). Then replace:

[code:1]require_once “phpagi.php”;
require_once “phpagi-asmanager.php”;[/code:1]
with

[code:1]require_once “./phpagi.php”;
require_once “./phpagi-asmanager.php”;[/code:1]
And tell me if that fixes it.

that did not work.

can you try:

[code:1]include_once “./phpagi.php”;
include_once “./phpagi-asmanager.php”;[/code:1]
and if not:[code:1]include “./phpagi.php”;
include “./phpagi-asmanager.php”;[/code:1]
and if not, see my pm - we are going to have to get on some of your boxes to take a look and further investigate, we hope you can accomodate.

and one more question for all ofyou, what user is apache running as on your system? and what is asterisk running as?

user is ‘asterisk’ for httpd and asterisk.

hi, same problem on my system.
I installed the beta and can make call over my misdn line. But every call to an extension fails. idefisk says “normal clearing” and thats it.
No call can be made to a voicemail, device or calls from outside.

I’ve had the same problem,

using [code:1]require_once $config[‘ASTAGIDIR’]."/phpagi.php";
require_once $config[‘ASTAGIDIR’]."/phpagi-asmanager.php";[/code:1]
in dialparties.agi seems to resolve the problem

some information which may help you

Distro Fedore Core 5
Apache 2.2.2
PHP 5.1.6

ps. running install_amp after removing /etc/amportal.conf results in this:

[quote][[email protected] freepbx-2.3.0beta1]# ./install_amp
Checking for PEAR DB…OK
Checking for PEAR Console::Getopt…OK
Checking user…OK
Checking for /etc/amportal.conf…/etc/amportal.conf does not exist, copying default
Creating new /etc/amportal.conf
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: asterisk_user in /usr/src/freepbx-2.3.0beta1/install_amp on line 616
Enter your USERNAME to connect to the ‘asterisk’ database:
[]
[/quote]

and when filling in the stuff manual this is the result:

[quote]Enter your USERNAME to connect to the ‘asterisk’ database:
[] asteriskuser
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: asterisk_pass in /usr/src/freepbx-2.3.0beta1/install_amp on line 623
Enter your PASSWORD to connect to the ‘asterisk’ database:
[] amp109
Enter the hostname of the ‘asterisk’ database:
[localhost]
Enter a USERNAME to connect to the Asterisk Manager interface:
[admin]
Enter a PASSWORD to connect to the Asterisk Manager interface:
[amp111]
PHP Notice: Undefined variable: webroot in /usr/src/freepbx-2.3.0beta1/install_amp on line 648
Enter the path to use for your AMP web root:
[]
/var/www/html
PHP Fatal error: Call to undefined function is_empty() in /usr/src/freepbx-2.3.0beta1/install_amp on line 666
[/quote]

thank you very much

/var/www/html/admin/modules/core/agi-bin/dialparties.agi.

you will find two adjacent lines that look the what you quoted, but they won’t have the ASTAGIDIR prefix. change 'em so they do…

that is the exact problem i am having. but i don’t understand the fix. what am suppose to do with this and where?

require_once $config[‘ASTAGIDIR’]."/phpagi.php";
require_once $config[‘ASTAGIDIR’]."/phpagi-asmanager.php";

If you have the error Dan mentios:

http://freepbx.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=2393

please post back and let us know. We are trying to determine what makes this happens on a very few systems (we know of two incidents). It does not appear to be Distro related. Not sure what it is and we would like to understand before make the fix similar to what I posted.

check /var/log/asterisk/full after such a call. are you seeing complaints about ‘dialparties.agi’ returned with 0 extensions to call (or somesuch)? if so, look in the thread about module updating - this bit me, and philippe posted a workaround.

I am having a similar problem but I can not follow the link. Is the information archived?