Extension Display Names can only Be x

Hi all,

I am having some trouble with adding SIP Ext’s and editing old ext’s. Ok when i go to make SIP Ext I fill out the Add Ext page with all the info click submit click the red box, then it changes What I added into the Display Name field to “x” . Also if i edit an Ext that is all ready being used the Display Name is also changed to x even if I don’t change the Display name.

Can anyone help with this ?



Is there a way were I could just reinstall the FreePBX Part of Trixbox not the whole lot?


Where does FreePBX store the Display Names and Queue name Info? Is it in a DB or a .config ?


Queue names are stored in the sql database. Display names are stored both in the sql database but also as part of the ‘ampuser’ astdb structure. It uses the ampuser structure to setup the proper callerid display for all calls.

Thanks For your help :slight_smile:


I am also getting this problem with Queue Name :frowning:


I haven’t heard of this issue. What version are you running?

The ver of FreePBX is 2.2.1 . The only thing that i have done that might of stuffed this up is i did a update with Webmin yum -y update. But this updated some thing else.

Thanks For your Help :slight_smile:

Setting up Update Process
Setting up repositories
Reading repository metadata in from local files
Excluding Packages from CentOS-4 - Updates
Excluding Packages from CentOS-4 - Base
Excluding Packages from CentOS-4 - Addons
Excluding Packages from CentOS-4 - Extras
Resolving Dependencies
–> Populating transaction set with selected packages. Please wait.
—> Downloading header for asterisk to pack into transaction set.
—> Package asterisk.i386 0:1.2.18-4 set to be updated
–> Running transaction check

there is not anyhting wrt to yum that should effect that. I’m not really sure what it can be. You may want to try re-installing to see if some file got corrupted somehow. Also, make sure you are using firefox for you browser and have javascripts enabled.