I continually have issues with these EXP 100 sidecars and the S700. It could be they have issues with all phones, but it seems like monthly at least one side car will stop working for someone. Reboot, does not fix the problem but often a complete power down and up will correct the issue.
This weekend another stopped working and nothing I’ve tried will bring it up.
Last night I upgraded a S700 with EXP100 to the newest 126.96.36.199 firmware. Now the EXP 100 does not show as connected. I’ve tried rebooting, resetting to Factor Default but the EXP 100 still shows as not connected.
It was all working before the upgrade and no cables were touched.
Any suggestions on how I could get this working again?
I haven’t heard anything further with regard to my support case I referenced above. Release notes refer to changes for the EXP100 on the S700 phone - which doesn’t apply to me, so maybe it’s still coming?
I’ve actually had several Support tickets open on these phones and have been very disappointed with them. Received a call this morning from a customer saying a phone side car is not working. All lights are green and there is no indication on the BLF when another extension is on the phone. Pressing BLF buttons on the EXP100 also has no effect. Unplug the power from the EXP100 and back in, then it’s working again.
Customer is very unhappy and says they will be walking around to all phones checking to ensure the sidecars are working. It’s never a good thing for your customer to have to continually ensure their phones are working correctly.
What other phones have you looked at? I’m looking at swapping out the phones I have EXP modules on.
They are causing us too much pain, and I don’t really have a clear direction forward.
I would like to go Polycom, but lack of FreePBX support has eliminated them, and have looked at Digium, which the hardware also seems rock solid, but appears to be no support in PBXAct for them, and doesn’t look like the lasted versions of the hardware are supported anywhere.
I totally understand why Sangoma want people using there hardware, and have all but discontinued support for other devices (haven’t, I know, but focus is on Sangoma phones) but surely when you don’t have a rock solid solution available, you need to continue to support other peoples hardware?
For us, we are looking to see if we can remove the requirement for Phone Apps from our users, and manually provision phones for EXP100 users, as a temporary solution, while we readdress the future…
Too many issues, without timely resolution unfortunately.
I recommend using the latest firmware. It was 3 months of bug fixes rolled up into a huge release and I know Jason is working on getting release notes more updated as it really was the wrapup of like 7 firmware releases we could not make public due to little issues QA kept finding.
We added fw46.rom back in yesterday but its the same as the fw100.rom now. We did that as otherwise if you had a slot that had the older fw46.rom from 2 years ago and updated firmware it would leave the old fw46.rom in place since it was not being replaced so now we replace it but its the same as the fw100.rom