Exp100 buttons

newbie: I’m configuring some EXP-100’s for the reception area and i want to have a button to send a caller directly to a users VM without ringing the phone and also a button to send them to the same phone so it rings. Ideally, that 2nd button would also let me stage the call so i can talk to the receiver first then transfer the caller. SO, i set it up like so…

button1 = DTMF label = ‘Joes VM’ Value ##*22 Account 1
button2 = DTMF label = ‘Joe’ Value=‘22’ Account 1

Seems to work BUT it looks weird on the LCD panel. Instead of just the label, i see the label AND the value. Is there a way to only display the Label

ALso, is there a way to use the USER IMAge for the avatar on the exp100? The Phonesets (S505) show the correct picture but the EXP100 shows some silly looking music notation symbol. I think i tried configuring a BLF for call transfer but it shows a gray silhouette and i dont think the transfer worked correctly. Any advice or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks.

shack

Hi Shack

Sangoma Phones allow for 2 types of button presses.

• Short Press which is any press less the 1 second
  • Long Press which is pressing and holding the button for more then 1 second.

For each state you can set a dial prefix that will be dialed along with the BLF
extension number.

• Prefix with a * which is the feature code to dial someone’s voicemail direct.
    This way if the extension is in use and you press the BLF with a normal short
    press it will dial the users voicemail box instead of ringing them.

EPM - (Brand) Sangoma - Options - BLF XY State

About transfer;
Blind transfer, or attendant as default.

EPM - (Brand) Sangoma - Options - Transfer Mode via DSSKey = set to Attended.

Andi

Thanks i will try the *ext but im not sure i want to try long/short press options. i think it might lead to accidental actions by some users…

My scenario often requires VM directly to the box because providers are with a client and can’t be bothered with the phone ringing. So, VM needs to go to the box even if its not off hook. i think we used ## in conjunction with *ext to blind transfer into VM box. So, sometimes they use BLIND transfer and sometimes they use Attended - it just depends on if the doc is in with someone or not.

The config we had was working, i just didnt like the display ##*ext under the persons name. Also, i thought we tried the BLF option and it wasnt working with the commands we had thats why we went to DTMF.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.