Exit: 1 Exception: Unable to locate the FreePBX BMO Class 'Core'A required module might be disabled or uninstalled

Good day

Recently ran module updates. In the past they usually run with no issues.Here is the error I receive. Right now I am unable to apply config and endpoint manager is non functional. Assistance is appriciated.

exit: 1
Exception: Unable to locate the FreePBX BMO Class 'Core’A required module might be disabled or uninstalled. Recommended steps (run from the CLI): 1) fwconsole ma install core 2) fwconsole ma enable core in file /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php on line 216
Stack trace:

1. Exception->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:216
  2. FreePBX\Self_Helper->loadObject() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:104
  3. FreePBX\Self_Helper->autoLoad() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:37
  4. FreePBX\Self_Helper->__get() /var/www/html/admin/modules/certman/Certman.class.php:39
  5. FreePBX\modules\Certman->__construct() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:125
  6. FreePBX\Self_Helper->autoLoad() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:37
  7. FreePBX\Self_Helper->__get() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Hooks.class.php:294
  8. FreePBX\Hooks->preloadBMOModules() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Hooks.class.php:39
  9. FreePBX\Hooks->updateBMOHooks() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf:61

Make sure the Core module is up to date.

You are seeing this because your system is configured to update from the edge repo which is not recommended. It’s resolved now, update with:

fwconsole ma update core --edge

Thanks for the suggestion, First off I am curious as to what functionally does the “core” provide?

Second, I have not made any changes to the system to update from the “edge” so I am unclear as to what changed?

Thirdly, is there any chance the systems will go “down” by running this command? Right now phones are functioning.

As the name implies, it provides all the core PBX functions (extensions, trunking, etc).

Check Advanced Settings, you have edge enabled.

There is a non-zero chance of failure, but you can’t leave it as it is.

What will this command do? Enable or disable edge?

A dev is providing you free support. Just do it. You absolutely broke your system yourself. It does not set itself to Edge.

If you want to know what a command does, go look it up in the wiki.
I’ll save you the google… Sangoma Documentation

2 Likes

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried that but it still failed to upgrade.Error tells me Unable to locate the FreePBX BMO Class 'Core’A required module might be dis
abled or uninstalled. Recommended steps (run from the CLI): 1) fwconsole ma
install core 2) fwconsole ma enable core

Suggestions?

Pay Sangoma support or a consultant to fix your mistakes.

The issue is resolved by either upgrading to current edge or downgrading to 13.0.122.60. Either of the following should work (not both):

fwconsole ma downloadinstall core --edge --tag 13.0.122.60
fwconsole ma update core --edge

When I try to update using the command to roll back I get this error:
SQLSTATE[08S01]: Communication link failure: 1153 Got a packet bigger than

‘max_allowed_packet’ bytes

I see found another thread where a user added a line to a cng file and fixed the error. However, I am reluctant to do this as it requires an asterisk restart and I am concerned asterisk may not reload with the core being disabled which is what I am trying to resolve to begin with.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.