Exception: Unable to locate the FreePBX BMO Class 'Userman'

Hi,
Came home and found my home FreePBX web interface not working, tried to restart FreePBX but keep getting the above error. I have done a “yum update” and rebooted but still get the error. I have tried the recommended steps in the error message to no avail. Please see the CLI output below. None of the fwconsole commands work. Do I need to manually download and install userman? I’m not even sure how to find my version number without the GUI and fwconsole not working but I do try to keep the latest version so I think it is an up to date version 14? Any help would be appreciated.

[root@freepbx userman]# fwconsole restart
Exception: Unable to locate the FreePBX BMO Class 'Userman’A required module might be disabled or uninstalled. Recommended steps (run from the CLI): 1) fwconsole ma install userman 2) fwconsole ma enable userman in file /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php on line 212
Stack trace:

1. Exception->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:212
  2. FreePBX\Self_Helper->loadObject() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:106
  3. FreePBX\Self_Helper->autoLoad() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:37
  4. FreePBX\Self_Helper->__get() /var/www/html/admin/modules/userman/functions.inc.php:6
  5. setup_userman() /var/www/html/admin/modules/xactview/functions.inc.php:801
  6. require_once() /var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php:364
  7. require_once() /etc/freepbx.conf:9
  8. include_once() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/fwconsole:12
    [root@freepbx userman]#fwconsole ma install userman
    Exception: Unable to locate the FreePBX BMO Class 'Userman’A required module might be disabled or uninstalled. Recommended steps (run from the CLI): 1) fwconsole ma install userman 2) fwconsole ma enable userman in file /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php on line 212
    Stack trace:
  9. Exception->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:212
  10. FreePBX\Self_Helper->loadObject() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:106
  11. FreePBX\Self_Helper->autoLoad() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:37
  12. FreePBX\Self_Helper->__get() /var/www/html/admin/modules/userman/functions.inc.php:6
  13. setup_userman() /var/www/html/admin/modules/xactview/functions.inc.php:801
  14. require_once() /var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php:364
  15. require_once() /etc/freepbx.conf:9
  16. include_once() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/fwconsole:12
    [root@freepbx userman]# ^C
    [root@freepbx userman]# fwconsole ma enable userman
    Stack trace:
  17. Exception->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:212
  18. FreePBX\Self_Helper->loadObject() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:106
  19. FreePBX\Self_Helper->autoLoad() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:37
  20. FreePBX\Self_Helper->__get() /var/www/html/admin/modules/userman/functions.inc.php:6
  21. setup_userman() /var/www/html/admin/modules/xactview/functions.inc.php:801
  22. require_once() /var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php:364
  23. require_once() /etc/freepbx.conf:9
  24. include_once() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/fwconsole:12
    [root@freepbx userman]#

Please run

fwconsole ma install userman

And post the output (you only posted the output from fwconsole restart which is not really helpful if the message tells you to install)

Hi Andrew, thanks for your help. I did try both those commands above and got the same error.

Please humor me as the code is in completely different places between the two commands. Please provide what was asked.

[root@freepbx userman]# fwconsole ma install userman
Stack trace:

1. Exception->() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:212
  2. FreePBX\Self_Helper->loadObject() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:106
  3. FreePBX\Self_Helper->autoLoad() /var/www/html/admin/libraries/BMO/Self_Helper.class.php:37
  4. FreePBX\Self_Helper->__get() /var/www/html/admin/modules/userman/functions.inc.php:6
  5. setup_userman() /var/www/html/admin/modules/xactview/functions.inc.php:801
  6. require_once() /var/www/html/admin/bootstrap.php:364
  7. require_once() /etc/freepbx.conf:9
  8. include_once() /var/lib/asterisk/bin/fwconsole:12

Thanks.

rm -Rf /var/www/html/admin/modules/xactview

[root@freepbx userman]# fwconsole ma install userman

In Modules.class.php line 378:

/var/www/html/admin/modules/xactview is not a directory

ma [-f|–force] [-d|–debug] [–edge] [–stable] [–color] [–skipchown] [-e|–autoenable] [–skipdisabled] [–snapshot SNAPSHOT] [–format FORMAT] [-R|–repo REPO] [-t|–tag TAG] [–skipbreakingcheck [SKIPBREAKINGCHECK]] [–sendemail] [–onlystdout] [–] []…

Your system seems really badly damaged. Simply create the directory you just deleted and it should stop complaining and you should be able to move forward.

Also you are on FreePBX 15. That’s alpha code. Not ready for production quite yet if you didn’t know.

I think I very well could be on 15, it’s only a home system.

[root@freepbx modules]# fwconsole ma install userman

In Modules.class.php line 383:

/var/www/html/admin/modules/xactview/module.xml does not exist

Yeah you’re stuck at this point. There’s no way out of it. I’m going to bed now but I’ll reply in the morning. You might be best to just reinstall at this point.

OK Thanks Andrew

Andrew, from this point I was able to do an “fwconsole restart” which got the Web GUI up and running. From there I was able to eventually update all the modules and looks like it’s back to normal. Now running FreePBX 15.0.6.5

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.