Errors after upgrade FreePBX to 2.8 and after further upgrade of some modules

Dear all,

I have AsteriskNOW 1.5 with FreePBX 2.8 and I upgrade a couple modules through the FreePBX and after the upgrade I got the following Error:

retrieve_conf failed to sym link:
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_op_conf_from_mysql.php
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_op_conf_from_mysql.pl
This can result in FATAL failures to your PBX. If the target file exists, the symlink will not occur and you should rename the target file to allow the automatic sym link to occur and remove this error, unless this is an intentional customization.
Added 3 hours, 38 minutes ago
(retrieve_conf.SYMLINK)

A couple days ago I made a previous upgrade also through FreePBX and after I got the following error:

There are 1 IVRs that have the legacy Directory dialing enabled. This has been deprecated and will be removed from future releases. You should convert your IVRs to use the Directory module for this functionality and assign an IVR destination to a desired Directory. You can install the Directory module from the Online Module Repository
Added 1 week, 5 days, 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
(ivr.DIRECTORY_DEPRECATED)

I appreciate that somebody in this forum give me a help on how to fix these two errors.

Antonio.

The symlink error is one that should have been being reported and was not but a recent fix now provides the error information.

Those two files are automatically symlinked from the module. If a real copy of the file is present in the target directory it will not overwrite the file, it will simply warn you of this error.

If you delete the file in the target directory and then press apply configuration changes, it will symlink the file again and the error will go away.

As far as the IVR error, we are phasing out the “built in” dial by name directory that was part of the old IVR. In its place is a new module that can create company directories and you can add access to the IVR through an IVR option and choosing the directory.

The warning simply points out that there are existing IVRs using the old directory. They will still work, but new IVRs won’t have the option to use the old directory as the check box is hidden if not already selected.

I installed AsteriskNOW 1.7 and upgraded FreePBX to 2.8 in a new machine and I am having the same problem:
retrieve_conf failed to sym link
Can you tell me the path of the the target directory?
I removed the files form
/var/lib/asterisk/bin/ and still having the same warning.
Can you help me?

Thanks

once you remove the files, you need to apply configuration changes again, and it will remove the warning.

Thank you!

Thank you very much for your prompt support Philippe.