Error upon ,.install_amp

Hi everyone, I’ve been really excited to potentially get FreePbx running on my ArchLinux system. It’s been extremely difficult for me as a relatively un-seasoned Linux user though since very little documentations exists for ArchLinux users.

I have Asterisk 11 installed. Thanfully there was a package available.

I’ve installed most if not all the dependencies for FreePBX I believe.
When I run ./install_amp, I get:

PHP Warning: require_once(): open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/src/freepbx/libfreepbx.install.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/srv/http/:/home/:/tmp/:/usr/share/pear/:/usr/share/webapps/) in /usr/src/freepbx/install_amp on line 7
PHP Warning: require_once(/usr/src/freepbx/libfreepbx.install.php): failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in /usr/src/freepbx/install_amp on line 7
PHP Fatal error: require_once(): Failed opening required ‘libfreepbx.install.php’ (include_path=’.:/usr/share/pear’) in /usr/src/freepbx/install_amp on line 7

Would anybody know what this means.

I also tried running an installation script that somebody had created for ArchLinux but that gave an error “amportal: command not found”, plus it wouldn’t allow me to install FreePBX 2.11 and Asterisk 11 LTS.

“open_basedir restriction in effect” seems pretty clearly to be the problem; go to Google with it. If you’re not experienced with Linux I would suggest using the recommended RHEL-compatible OS such as Scientific Linux or CentOS to do your install. You’ll find a lot more support online from others.