Error upgrading from FreePBX 12 to 13

I have created a Bug Report as requested - FREEPBX-15799

Thanks

Graham

Ok, I had the exact same problem as GWalmsley. Tried the online upgrade, it failed and suggested I run the upgrade from the command line. When I went to the command line and ran the process, I got the ā€œWhoopsā€ error condition, ā€œUndefined index: PHP_CONSOLEā€

After much searching, to no avail, I figured I would try to define the constant ā€œPHP_CONSOLEā€ myself and see if that would let me move forward. After a bit of searching, I decided the best place to put the define was in /etc/freepbx.conf. I added a line to that file as follows:

$amp_conf[ā€˜PHP_CONSOLEā€™] = ā€˜falseā€™;

I added it beneath the other definitions and above the ā€œrequire_onceā€ statement. I canā€™t imagine sequence here matters, but what I did worked so deviate at your own risk :wink:

I planned to run the command from the CLI so I took a stab and set the value to false. Again, I have no idea if this would have blown up on the web version or not. Of course, I had thoroughly broken that by this point so who cares.

After adding the above mentioned line, I ran the command:

amportal a ma upgradeall

Fifteen minutes or so later, it was completed. I did have one module (recordings) that failed due to a dependency, but that is certainly another issue. All other modules upgraded without error. Fired up the browser and all seems to be well.

My question to the experts is, should I remove the line I added to the freepbx.conf file? All seems to be working fine and the upgrade didnā€™t overwrite this file.

Fixed in Framework 13.0.192.18

and yes you should remove that line. Itā€™s overwritten later but to be clean you should remove it.

Excellent, thank you. I will try the upgrade again at the next maintenance window.

Thanks tm1000ā€¦ I have deleted the line.

On the 4th attempt the upgrade has completed, but it wasnā€™t clean. Still failed with same error at 13.0.192.15 but going into the database, manually setting the version to 13.0.0alpha1 then doing a download of the framework again and running the upgrade of that module a second time let it complete. All the other components upgrades correctly and everything appears to be working but 13.0.192.18 is not a full solution.

Graham