Error updating modules

When I try to update the modules the status for all modules is “Enabled; Not available online”. I have Standard, Extended and Commercial repositories enabled… I’ve tried several times and rebooted the system with no change. The system is running FreePBX 14.0.11 and Asterisk 13.29.2. I’ve done some searching on the forum but haven’t found a resolution yet.

What can I try to resolve this?

I haven’t seen this before, maybe a quick test would be to define DNS servers as 1.1.1.1 and 8.8.8.8 insuring you are able to resolve properly.
If that yields the same results, I would SSH to the server and try a yum -y update.
Hopefully something will get updated under the above 2 suggestions.

Related?

@PitzKey the issue in the thread you referenced only impacts access to commercial module repos, and only on a server updated from FreePBX 14 to FreePBX 15. The OP states he is running FreePBX 14, and it shows all of his modules not available online.

This suggests his machine is not able to contact any of the module repositories.

@tletourneau are you able to ping mirror1.freepbx.org from your server?

Thanks for the replies!

yum -y update returns a “No packages marked for update” and System Updates seem to be working as expected. The current system version is 12.7.6-1910-1.sng7.

When I ping mirror1.freepbx.org I receive:
PING mirror1.freepbx.org (199.102.239.170) 56(84) bytes of data.
64 bytes from 199.102.239.170 (199.102.239.170): icmp_seq=1 ttl=50 time=19.0 ms
64 bytes from 199.102.239.170 (199.102.239.170): icmp_seq=2 ttl=50 time=19.1 ms

I’ve set “Use wget For Module Admin” to true with no change in behaviour.

What logs should I look at to see if there are errors?

1 Like

Can you post the output you get from doing ‘fwconsole ma listonline’ from the command line? I’m guessing you’ll see similar info as the Module Admin page, but I’d like to see the whole list and if any extra clues show up. Also, from the webadmin, can you tell us what you have in your DNS Server list found in Admin->System Admin->DNS ?

Yes, this is different than the issue I reported and they are working on - my issue is specific to freepbxhosting + 14->15 migration.

My Freepbx14 (freepbxhosting) & Freepbx15 (home) boxes are working just fine.

Is your pbx behind a firewall that may be blocking things?

fwconsole ma listonline returns the same message as the GUI.

I don’t control the firewall at the site, I am having the rules checked.

Here is what I get trying a fwconsole ma refreshsignatures

[root@eratspbx ~]# fwconsole ma refreshsignatures
Getting Data from Online Server…
Cant Reach Online Server
[root@eratspbx ~]#

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.