Error: This number is not in service

Whenever I try to call in to my Asterisk number, I get a “The number you have dialed is not in service. Please check the number and try again.” message. I know that it is not in my phone company, but rather in the Asterisk software itself. I know this because I went in through SSH and got to the Asterisk CLI and monitored it, saw the incoming call, and also saw that it was playing that message. I have all calls set to forward to extension 2001, but it did that for the first 5 minutes of it working, then after that it quit. Any settings I need to tweak? What do I do?

You have provided some good information but it’s still lacking in details. Kind of like me saying I own a Chevy car and yesterday when I turned the key it worked but today when I turned the key. It has details just not the right ones…

How did you forward all calls to Ext. 2001?

Trunk type? Sip, Zap/DAHDI, etc…

Did you setup the any/any inbound route?

I can get the First 2 calls to go though but on the 3rd Call everytime NO matter what it gives me that the number youve dialed is not in service

Starting simple switch on ‘Zap/4-1’
– Executing [[email protected]:1] NoOp(“Zap/4-1”, "Entering from-zaptel with DID == ") in new stack
– Executing [[email protected]:2] Ringing(“Zap/4-1”, “”) in new stack
– Executing [[email protected]:3] Set(“Zap/4-1”, “DID=s”) in new stack
– Executing [[email protected]:4] NoOp(“Zap/4-1”, “DID is now s”) in new stack
– Executing [[email protected]:5] GotoIf(“Zap/4-1”, “1?zapok:notzap”) in new stack
– Goto (from-zaptel,s,8)
– Executing [[email protected]:8] NoOp(“Zap/4-1”, “Is a Zaptel Channel”) in new stack
– Executing [[email protected]:9] Set(“Zap/4-1”, “CHAN=4-1”) in new stack
– Executing [[email protected]:10] Set(“Zap/4-1”, “CHAN=4”) in new stack
– Executing [[email protected]:11] Macro(“Zap/4-1”, “from-zaptel-4|s|1”) in new stack
– Executing [[email protected]:12] NoOp(“Zap/4-1”, “Returned from Macro from-zaptel-4”) in new stack
– Executing [[email protected]:13] Goto(“Zap/4-1”, “from-pstn|s|1”) in new stack
– Goto (from-pstn,s,1)
– Executing [[email protected]:1] NoOp(“Zap/4-1”, “No DID or CID Match”) in new stack
– Executing [[email protected]:2] Answer(“Zap/4-1”, “”) in new stack
– Executing [[email protected]:3] Wait(“Zap/4-1”, “2”) in new stack
– Executing [[email protected]:4] Playback(“Zap/4-1”, “ss-noservice”) in new stack
– <Zap/4-1> Playing ‘ss-noservice’ (language ‘en’)

and here is the config that i found it in the extensions.conf
I hope im getting somewhere this is just straight from the conf

[from-zaptel]
exten => _X.,1,Set(DID=${EXTEN})
exten => _X.,n,Goto(s,1)
exten => s,1,NoOp(Entering from-zaptel with DID == ${DID})
; Some trunks require a RINGING be sent before an Answer.
exten => s,n,Ringing()
; If ($did == “”) { $did = “s”; }
exten => s,n,Set(DID=${IF($["${DID}"= “”]?s:${DID})})
exten => s,n,NoOp(DID is now ${DID})
exten => s,n,GotoIf($["${CHANNEL:0:3}"=“Zap”]?zapok:notzap)
exten => s,n(notzap),Goto(from-pstn,${DID},1)
; If there’s no ext-did,s,1, that means there’s not a no did/no cid route. Hangup.
exten => s,n,Macro(hangup)
exten => s,n(zapok),NoOp(Is a Zaptel Channel)
exten => s,n,Set(CHAN=${CHANNEL:4})
exten => s,n,Set(CHAN=${CUT(CHAN,-,1)})
exten => s,n,Macro(from-zaptel-${CHAN},${DID},1)
; If nothing there, then treat it as a DID
exten => s,n,NoOp(Returned from Macro from-zaptel-${CHAN})
exten => s,n,Goto(from-pstn,${DID},1)
exten => fax,1,Goto(ext-fax,in_fax,1)

THIS ONES THE FROM PSTN PART OF THE EXTENSIONS.CONF File

[from-pstn]
include => from-pstn-custom ; create this context in extensions_custom.conf to include customizations
include => ext-did
include => ext-did-catchall ; THIS MUST COME AFTER ext-did
include => from-did-direct ; MODIFICATOIN (PL) for findmefollow if enabled, should be bofore ext-local
exten => fax,1,Goto(ext-fax,in_fax,1)

This sounds similar to my problem. I have 6 Pots lines on a Sangoma A200D. After the last upgrade on Sunday or Monday not sure which. My line 5 cannot dial out. I have not changed anything. It’s as if some config file has changed but I’m not sure what one.

We can receive calls no problem on this line and it sounds clear. But when we dial out we get ma bell saying the number cannot be completed as dialed. It’s as if some of the digits are not being passed. Log shows full number going through.

It is very strange.

Rob

My problems as I mentioned in another post was because the dial tone was not being given as soon as the line went off hook. I added a w to the outbound dial prefix in my Trunk and my world is back to normal.

Rob

is an error dialing since one or two of the first digits are not seen by the telco.