Error: This Module Requires The Digium RPM to be installed

Greetings,

I am trying to get to get the new digium module installed(through the module admin); however, I am receiving an error:
This Module Requires The Digium RPM to be installed (php-digium_register-3.0.5-1_centos6.i686.rpm). Please see this page for more information: http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/F2/Digium+AddonsError(s) installing digiumaddoninstaller:
Failed to run installation scripts

I have followed the path and read the instructions and nothing.

When I try and find the package through CLI I get no package available…Nothing to do

Any help would be great.

As of right now I have uninstalled it through the module admin and tried to re install it, and I still get the same error.

Thanks,
Mac

Distro version? Distro Type?

Linux distro is Ubuntu 12.04. I am assuming that I have removed module admin with the removal of the Digium addon uninstall.

The instructions provided assume you are using CentOS. Ubuntu does not use rpm’s they use deb packages.

Understood. I ran:
amportal a ma upgrade digiumaddoninstaller

I think this will work for Ubuntu. In the future will I need to run this instead of the module admin updating?

Thanks.

No that will not fix your issue. The Digium phones module will not work on Debian as they only build the packages they need on RPM based ISOs.

Greetings,

As of right now this did correct the issue with the module administration and it updated it to latest version 2.11.0.4.

Also, I think I am missing some information regarding this module. If it does not work with Debian, why would it install in the initial installation?

Thanks

It is not part of the inital installation unless you ran: “amportal a ma installall” which is what I am assuming you did.

I suppose I am confused. Do you need the module to function? Do you need something from it?

Aside from digium phones, what does this module do?

Manages licenses for Asterisk features such as Fax, codecs, etc. All things that can be done outside of a gui

Thank you for your help on this matter. This information helps me understand the working of this product. Again thank you for taking the time to help me in this matter.

Thanks,
Mac