Error starting asterisk

Hi,
I’m trying to install asterisk-1.4.22.2 with freepbx-2.5.1 on ubuntu 8.10. I followed the topic about installation on ubuntu 8.04 in this web site and I already got the freepbx interface but asterisk is not running I don’t know why. When I do amportal (re)start I get the following error
/usr/sbin/safe_asterisk: 187: Syntax error: Bad fd number
Could somebody help please me?
regards.

Edit the first line in /usr/sbin/safe_asterisk from #!/bin/sh
to read #!/bin/bash

There is also a forum message posted with the unbuntu 8.10 install directions if you go looking for it. I don’t have the link handy at this moment, but the search option should find it easily.

hi,
I already did it, but it give an error saying that asterisk is ended with code 1 and do it without stop until I close the terminal.

I’m afraid I can’t help with your specific issue, but I can tell you that I have FreePBX running on Ubuntu 8.10 server, only by following the instructions found here: http://www.freepbx.org/trac/wiki/UbuntuServerIntrepid.

I initially installed using various other instructions found elsewhere and ran into problem after problem. Please follow the link above and then post back if you are still having issues.

db