Error running install_amp

First of all, let me say that I am running a “modified” version of Asterisk 1.4. It is the IPv6 compatible version. When I issue the “asterisk -r” command, I get:

Connected to Asterisk currently running on Asterisk-IPv6

When I run install_amp, I get the following error:

Checking for Asterisk version…[FATAL] Could not determine asterisk version (got: “Asterisk” please report this)

Is this really fatal? If so, how can I fix it?

Thanks,

Ray

What it means is that it got Asterisk version information that is not known to us. Usually we will see a normal tarball version of an SVN version. It woudl be helpful if you could post what Asterisk is printing out for your version at the CLI:

On 1.4 I think you type:

core show version

if not, leave out the core. Please let us know what you get when you do that. (cut and paste it so we see it literally and best would be to post a bug on the tracker with what you get).

In the mean time you can comment out line 840 of install_amp where it is producing that error and it will continue.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx

Here it is:

*CLI> show version
Asterisk built by root @ Asterisk-IPv6 on a i686 running Linux on 2007-09-03 17:20:39 UTC

After commenting out the version code in install_amp, I can now access FreePBX at http://127.0.0.1/html/admin

However I still have problems.

• On the FreePBX System Status page, it is showing a couple of Critical Errors:
  1. Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1
    Added 2 minutes ago
    (freepbx.RCONFFAIL)

2. Failed to connect to the Asterisk manager through port: 5038
    Added 2 minutes ago
    (retrieve_conf.FATAL)

Both of the above also say to Ignore this???

• The “Module Admin” tab appears ok.

• On the Administrators tab: it is saying NOTE: AUTHTYPE is not set to ‘database’ in /etc/amportal.conf
    I changed amportal to: AUTHTYPE=database
    It didn’t change the NOTE

• The “Extensions” tab is greyed out. Can’t click on it.

• Feature Codes, General Setting, Outbound Routes and Trunks and Inbound Routes appear OK.

• The Music on hold page shows the following errors:

Warning: opendir(/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/admin/modules/page.music.php on line 133

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in
    /var/www/html/admin/modules/music/page.music.php on line 141

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in
    /var/www/html/admin/modules/music/page.music.php on line 154

Warning: opendir(/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/admin/modules/page.music.php on line 133

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in
    /var/www/html/admin/modules/music/page.music.php on line 141

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in
    /var/www/html/admin/modules/music/page.music.php on line 154

• System Recordings appears OK

For the tabs on top:

• Reports page appears OK

• Panel page shows: Not Found
    The requested URL /panel/index_amp.php was not found on this server
    Apache/2.0.55 (Ubuntu) PHP/5.1.6 Server at 127.0.0.1 Port 80
    I searched and found: /var/www/html/panel/index_amp.php

• Recordings page: Parse error: syntax error, unexpected T_BOOLEAN_AND, expecting ‘,’ or ‘)’ in
    /var/www/html/recordings/modules/callmonitor.module on line 597

• Help page: Don’t have internet connection right now.

Just a note that I am using this for testing purposes only. I have an IPv6 capable version of
Asterisk. I would like to be able to configure SIP extensions. I do not have the hardware for trunks.

Should I post all of this on tracker?

Thanks for your help on this…

Ray

you have no connection to the manager, so most of the system can’t run. That is also why things like the Extensions tab are grey and not accessible. As far as the version number, Asterisk is not printing any version information. Normally you will get some sort of Version information after the Asterisk in your output. You may want to see if there is a way to build the code and get some version information into it. I can’t recall where in the source tree it derives this from. I would consider that a bug in your Asterisk build. It should say something just like normal tarballs, tags, svn and business edition all have version information. Once it says something, then we can decide how to best address install_amp to avoid having to modify the script. Other parts of the main code also expect something there.

These bugs are not relevant for tracker. They are either a result of configuration issues, of experimentation with an unsupported version of Asterisk or both. What will be helpful is once you work through your experimentation that you document what was required to get it working with this. Early experimentation such as this are always valuable so we like to know what people find since they can provide good guidance and even flush out un-discovered bugs from the code base. It also means you tend to be on your own to a large extent in getting it working although the forums are always here to seek community involvement as you are doing.

Philippe Lindheimer - FreePBX Project Lead
http//freepbx.org - IRC #freepbx

I thought getting FreePBX to run on my Asterisk-IPv6 version would not be too bad.
Well, I think I’ve progressed as far as I can with this. Sorta stuck now.

As mentioned before, this is an experimental think I’m doing…strictly to get to know IPv6 and SIP.
Can’t pay for support…

Guess I’ll look into Asterisk GUI and see if it fits the bill…

Warning: opendir(/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/admin/modules/music/page.music.php on line 133

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /var/www/html/admin/modules/music/page.music.php on line 141

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /var/www/html/admin/modules/music/page.music.php on line 154

Warning: opendir(/var/lib/asterisk/mohmp3) [function.opendir]: failed to open dir: No such file or directory in /var/www/html/admin/modules/music/page.music.php on line 133

Warning: readdir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /var/www/html/admin/modules/music/page.music.php on line 141

Warning: closedir(): supplied argument is not a valid Directory resource in /var/www/html/admin/modules/music/page.music.php on line 154

Thanks for your help

dguararc,
your comment has nothing to do with this thread. Try creating a new post to get help.