Error messages from 3/16/16 updates [Solved]

retrieve_conf failed to sym link: 
   /var/lib/asterisk/bin/licinfo from sysadmin/bin (Already exists, not a link)
   /var/lib/asterisk/bin/register_serial from sysadmin/bin (Already exists, not a link)
   /var/lib/asterisk/bin/update from sysadmin/bin (Already exists, not a link)
   /var/lib/asterisk/bin/storage.php from sysadmin/bin (Already exists, not a link)
   /var/lib/asterisk/bin/check_portal.php from sysadmin/bin (Already exists, not a link)
   /var/lib/asterisk/bin/register_new from sysadmin/bin (Already exists, not a link)
   /var/lib/asterisk/bin/activate_existing from sysadmin/bin (Already exists, not a link)

This can result in FATAL failures to your PBX. If the target file exists and
not identical, the symlink will not occur and you should rename the 
target file to allow the automatic sym link to occur and remove this 
error, unless this is an intentional customization.

Anything I should do so I don’t have FATAL failures?

Anyone have anything on this before I file a bug report?

Depending on FreePBX version run either:

amportal chown
fwconsole chown
1 Like

fwconsole chown says…

Taking too long? Customize the chown command, See http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FOP/FreePBX+Chown+Conf
Setting Permissions...
 50632/50632 [============================] 100%
Finished setting permissions
Removing dangling symlink /var/www/html/admin/modules/zulu/node/node_modules/.bin/forever which points to a file that no longer exists
Removing dangling symlink /var/www/html/admin/modules/zulu/node/node_modules/express/node_modules/send/node_modules/.bin/mime which points to a file that no longer exists
Removing dangling symlink /var/www/html/admin/modules/zulu/node/node_modules/forever/node_modules/.bin/flatiron which points to a file that no longer exists
Removing dangling symlink /var/www/html/admin/modules/zulu/node/node_modules/forever/node_modules/.bin/prettyjson which points to a file that no longer exists
Removing dangling symlink /var/www/html/admin/modules/zulu/node/node_modules/forever/node_modules/shush/node_modules/.bin/strip-json-comments which points to a file that no longer exists
Removing dangling symlink /var/www/html/admin/modules/zulu/node/node_modules/forever/node_modules/shush/node_modules/caller/node_modules/.bin/tape which points to a file that no longer exists
Removing dangling symlink /var/www/html/admin/modules/zulu/node/node_modules/forever/node_modules/utile/node_modules/.bin/mkdirp which points to a file that no longer exists
Removing dangling symlink /var/www/html/admin/modules/zulu/node/node_modules/forever/node_modules/utile/node_modules/.bin/ncp which points to a file that no longer exists
Removing dangling symlink /var/www/html/admin/modules/zulu/node/node_modules/forever/node_modules/utile/node_modules/.bin/rimraf which points to a file that no longer exists

…then I had to restart to get rid of the error. Thanks!

1 Like