Error - manager.c:2479 authenticate: Seems to have passed

Hi, I am getting the message - manager.c:2479 authenticate: Seems to have passed…

every few seconds on my server and I can’t seem to find any reference to it on the net or here in the forum. I had a problem over the weekend the the server generate 2 x 70 Gb log files as well as lots of other smaller ( 7 Gb ) ones which crashed my server

At the moment I haven’t bene able to open a log file as there simply so big… can anyone tell me what the above message means and if there is a way to stop it as it’s hindering my search for why I got such big log files.

I am running a FreePBX Distro, FreePBX 2.11.0.37 with Asterisk 10.12.0

Thanks…

You need to either upgrade to Asterisk 11 or downgrade to Asterisk 1.8, this was a debug message that made it’s way into Asterisk 10 and was around for a very long time.

Thanks for the reply, at least I have an answer. Is there an upgrade path I can run on the server or do I need to start from scratch and rebuild my server with the latest distro and restore a backup.
Thanks…

I would need to know your distro version first

cat /etc/asterisk/freepbxdistro-version

on older systems and

cat /etc/schmooze/pbx-version

on newer systems

Hi, it’s 2.210.62-5
Thanks for your help so far.

HI, I have tried typing in Asterisk-version-Switch which said I could either downgrade to 1.8 or upgrade to 11 but I haven’t done anything yet as my server is at a different location and I didn’t know if it would work or not.

Appologies to Bump this but can anyone let me know if there is an upgrade path from Asterisk 10 please, our server is FreePBX Distro version 2.210.62-5.

Also, the server is off site, would it be safe to upgrade remotely if there is one or would it be better to be there “just in case”.
Thanks…

http://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FD/FreePBX-Distro-2.210.62

You can upgrade all the way to the latest which is 5.xxx

That’s awesome thanks. One last question, would you say it’s safe to upgrade remotely or would it be best to go to site. Thanks so much for your help.