Error loading module 'chan_dahdi.so': /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_dahdi.so: undefined symbol: ast_remaining_ms

cant load dahdi in asterisk.

DAHDi Doesn’t appear to be running. Click the ‘Restart/Reload Dahdi Button’ Below

[root@policyx ~]# ldd /usr/lib/asterisk/modules/chan_dahdi.so
linux-vdso.so.1 => (0x00007ffd5e1bf000)
libtonezone.so.2 => /usr/lib/libtonezone.so.2 (0x00007f2e94e40000)
libpri.so.1.4 => /usr/lib/libpri.so.1.4 (0x00007f2e94bc4000)
libpthread.so.0 => /lib64/libpthread.so.0 (0x00007f2e949a6000)
libc.so.6 => /lib64/libc.so.6 (0x00007f2e94612000)
/lib64/ld-linux-x86-64.so.2 (0x000056336c15e000)

Hi!

What are you running, the distro (if so, which version) or something else? Self-compiled maybe?

This message essentially means that the DAHDI stuff is not compiled/run against the version of Asterisk you have, it expect to find something called ast_remaining_ms which should be provided by Asterisk and does not find it.

If this is not self-compiled and was obtained in the form of packages (RPM, DEB, etc…) how did you update them?

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

HI Thanks for reply, Centos 6.9, asterisk 1.8, Libpri 1.6, Dahdi 2.10, and freepbx 2.10

Hi!

Yikes, how come are you running a relalively new distro with such an old version of FreePBX?

It has, more than likely, quite a few security problems since it is unmaintained.

If I had such an old version I would migrate it to a current version using the FreePBX Distro Conversion Tool.

That does require a separate computer (which could be a VM if its an option for you) or, possibly temporary, external hosting (see the second point of How it works).

The problem I can see with this is that unless this is a real computer (not a VM, not external hosting) there is no way to know how well your DAHDI hardware will perform with this updated installation and unless you have spare DAHDI hardware identical (or close to) what you normally use it will require downtime of your current PBX to transfer its DAHDI hardware to the new computer, assuming it has the proper type of slots (pci, pci-e, etc…).

I would not worry much about compatibility (except for the type of expansion slots your computer have) if you have Sangoma/Digium DAHDI hardware but there could be issues with hardware from other companies.

I am personally using DAHDI hardware (a Sangoma A200) in my home/test server with the FreePBX 14 distro.

If you need to reinstall this on your current PBX after, you could, once you have migrated your setup to the FreePBX distro and backed up your original computer. install the FreePBX distro on it and backup the migrated setup and restore it to the original computer.

That being said, if you wish to take the risk of using long unmaintained software and try to fix your current install you recently updated something on your PBX, what was it?

Since this is long unmaintained stuff I would suggest you revert whatever you did…

You updated something, either DAHDI related or Asterisk related, and one of them is no longer compatible with what you updated…

Good luck and have a nice day!

Nick

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.