Error applying config

All,

I’m having trouble applying a config change and I’ve tried everything I could find in these forums and on Google. I’m hoping someone can help me out and we can figure out where things are going wrong.

My system started out with the PIAF Purple distro. Asterisk is now at 1.8.6.0 and FreePBX is at 2.10.1.1. Last week I upgraded all the modules and ran a yum update on the system (which I have done previously with no issues). Everything seemed fine until I tried to change a voicemail address over the weekend. Now, when I try to apply the config I get:


Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1

exit: 1[FATAL] Unable to connect to Asterisk Manager from /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf, aborting

1 error(s) occurred, you should view the notification log on the dashboard or main screen to check for more details.

And now I’ve got a message in the Notices box:

retrieve_conf failed, config not applied
Reload failed because retrieve_conf encountered an error: 1
Added 37 seconds ago
(freepbx.RCONFFAIL)

I’ve gone through all of the postings I could find and tried the suggestions such as changing the bind address in manager.conf to 127.0.0.1 and changing ownership on the retrieve_conf script. I have not changed the default password for Asterisk Manager, I’ve made sure amportel.conf and manager.conf match-up, and I tried executing retrieve_conf as root. The result of which is below:

[email protected]:~ $ /var/lib/asterisk/bin/retrieve_conf
Added to globals: ASTETCDIR = /etc/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTMODDIR = /usr/lib/asterisk/modules
Added to globals: ASTVARLIBDIR = /var/lib/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTAGIDIR = /var/lib/asterisk/agi-bin
Added to globals: ASTSPOOLDIR = /var/spool/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTRUNDIR = /var/run/asterisk
Added to globals: ASTLOGDIR = /var/log/asterisk
Added to globals: CWINUSEBUSY = true
Added to globals: AMPMGRUSER = admin
Added to globals: AMPMGRPASS = amp111
Added to globals: AMPDBENGINE = mysql
Added to globals: AMPDBHOST = localhost
Added to globals: AMPDBNAME = asterisk
Added to globals: AMPDBUSER = asteriskuser
Added to globals: AMPDBPASS = amp109
Added to globals: VMX_CONTEXT = from-internal
Added to globals: VMX_PRI = 1
Added to globals: VMX_TIMEDEST_CONTEXT =
Added to globals: VMX_TIMEDEST_EXT = dovm
Added to globals: VMX_TIMEDEST_PRI = 1
Added to globals: VMX_LOOPDEST_CONTEXT =
Added to globals: VMX_LOOPDEST_EXT = dovm
Added to globals: VMX_LOOPDEST_PRI = 1
Added to globals: MIXMON_DIR =
Added to globals: MIXMON_POST =
Notice: no AMP Users defined
Please update your modules and reload Asterisk by browsing to your server.

I notice that this says there are no AMP users defined. But if I go into the Asterisk MySQL DB, I see admin defined… at least it looks that way to me.

At first blush this seems like a permissions problem as I can apparently run the script as root but FreePBX can’t run it. Am I right here or am I barking up the wrong tree? Unfortunately, permissions and process ownership is a weak area for me on Linux.

Any help figuring this out would be very much appreciated. I, obviously, can’t make any changes to the system now which really sucks.

TIA!
Jason

So nobody has any ideas or did I get lost in the shuffle?

Your /etc/asterisk/manager.conf and it’s included files need to correctly allow

Added to globals: AMPMGRUSER = admin
Added to globals: AMPMGRPASS = amp111

from presumably 127.0.0.1

Here is my manager.conf. I’m pretty sure I have it already set that way…

;
; AMI - Asterisk Manager interface
;
; FreePBX needs this to be enabled. Note that if you enable it on a different I$
; to assure that this can’t be reached from un-authorized hosts with the ACL se$
; Also, remember to configure non-default port or IP-addresses in amportal.conf.
;
; The AMI connection is used both by the portal and the operator’s panel in Fre$
;
; FreePBX assumes an AMI connection to localhost:5038 by default.
;
[general]
enabled = yes
port = 5038
bindaddr = 127.0.0.1
displayconnects=no ;only effects 1.6+

[admin]
writetimeout =
secret = amp111
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,command,dtmf,reporting$
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config,command,dtmf,reportin$

#include manager_additional.conf
#include manager_custom.conf

Manager_additional.conf is empty while manager_custom.conf contains: (noting that the bind addresses are already set to 127.0.0.1)

[phpconfig]
secret = php[onfig
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user

[phpagi]
secret = phpagi
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user

[aastra-xml]
secret = aastra227872
deny=0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0
permit=127.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
read = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,originate
write = system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,originate

I just did a yum update on the system (again) which pulled down sudo 1.7.2p1-14.el5_8.3 as the only update. Now the thing is working.

Looking at the changelogs and bug tracker it seems there was a regression bug introduced in a sudo update last week. My guess is that was what broke this as a result of the updates I applied last Thursday. Only thing that makes sense considering I didn’t change anything else…