EPM Yealink template | regional time options

EPM Yealink template gui configuration options seem sparse/incomplete to me. Maybe I’m missing something. For example, I would like to set the Daylight Saving option to Automatic, but the template gui only exposes Enable and Disable options. The Daylight Saving setting tooltip suggests that Automatic should be an option…

I’m looking into editing my template basefiles as that seems to be the apparent solution. In a basefile, I see the parameter:

local_time.summer_time = __daylight__

I don’t understand where __daylight__ comes from (is it an Asterisk variable…?), but it’s apparently the default value for Sangoma P code P75. For my purposes, I think I can simply change

local_time.summer_time = __daylight__

to

local_time.summer_time = 2

in the basefile and change

local_time.time_zone_name = __timezonename__

to

local_time.time_zone_name = United States-Eastern Time

Am I going about this wrong, missing something, etc.?

FYI, I also had to set the following config parameters manually (using ‘Basefile Edit’ within EPM) to get DST to work automatically for T5x handsets, so I think you’re on the right track (in my case, I’m in the UK);

local_time.summer_time = 2
local_time.time_zone_name = United Kingdom(London)

I also seem to recall that EPM made an error with the DST schedule parameters on Yealink phones.

I think it was loading a Sunday as 0, instead of 7, so I also hard-coded the following corrections in the BaseFile to set the schedule as above;

local_time.start_time = 3/2/7/2
local_time.end_time = 11/1/7/2

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.