Having a issue with trying to use the endpoint manager to provision digium phones, in this case I am using a D70. The D70 seems to pull the configuration correctly however when it goes to get firmware it cannot pull the firmware it seems. I get an error saying “the firmware update failed” and when I look in the apache logs I see the phone trying to pull a non existent file:
[Mon Jun 26 08:38:27 2017] [error] [client xx.xxx.xx.xx] File does not exist: /tftpboot/digium/N
At this point I cannot get the phone to move past this at all, the phone will not even start up unless it can get to firmware it seems. I do have a sangoma and aastra phone as well which both seem to work fine with EPM. I can get this phone to register to a system that uses dpma though with no problem.
What I have tried to do to get around it (without any success) is:
- I’ve tried to set the firmware slot to none in EPM
- Factory reset phone with every change I made
- Tried to copy every firmware update for these phone from another pbx to this pbx into various directories (/var/www/digium_phones and /tftpboot/variousdirectories)
- I tried deleting and readding the firmware from EPM
- I tried disabling the firewall and fail2ban to test if this would help
I’m not sure what else I can try with this to get it functioning.
Provision Server Protocol in EPM for digum template: HTTP (the only option)
Destination Address: External address - the system has a external static IP
HTTP Provisioning Port: 83
Port 83 is open and reachable:
[[email protected] tftpboot]# netstat -tunap|grep :83 tcp 0 0 :::83 :::* LISTEN 1518/httpd
I can telnet to this from my local machine:
telnet xx.xxx.xxx.xxx 83 - Trying xx.xxx.xxx.xxx... Connected to xx.xxx.xxx.xxx. Escape character is '^]'.
I’m not sure what else to try, does anyone have any suggestions?