Endpoint Manager

Hello,

FreePBX/Asterisk 13

We have been using endpoint manager with our S500s and really loving it. What a great piece of software. One issue that is coming up is that if we ever want to change the extension registered to an endpoint it does not seem to work.

If the endpoint is extension 9998, and I need to change it to extension 8887, I go to Endpoint Manager, edit the existing entry in the Extension Mapping section by changing the extension from 9998 to 8887 via the dropdown. I save this change.

Back on the extension mapping section, instead of seeing the record updated I see two records now. One with the original 9998 extension, and a new one with the 8887 extension. I delete the old 9998 record from endpoint manager, and save, apply and push the config out of the Endpoint Manager.

At this point the phone stops responding and needs to be factory reset, and extension 8887 needs to be deleted from the Extension Mapping section. I then perform a network scan and attach extension 8887 that way, push the config and reboot the phone once more and it works!

My question: Is there an easier way to do this? Any other change, like adding BLF or a second account seem to work fine, no issues. Is this just the way it is for changing account 1 extensions on S500 phones?

Sorry for the length, but thanks for any guidance you may have.

After editing, you end up with two entries in Extension Mapping. You need to delete the unwanted entry but then you must select the desired entry and SAVE AND REBUILD it. At this point you re-provision your phone and it should take the new extension.

Thanks @lgaetz,

To confirm my understanding:

1. I go to Endpoint Manager, edit the existing entry in the Extension Mapping section by changing the extension from 9998 to 8887 via the dropdown.

2. I highlight (check) the 9998 entry from the Extension Mappings section and choose “Delete Selected” and push the “Use Selected” button.

3. I highlight (check) the 8887 entry from the Extension Mappings section and choose “Save and Rebuild Config(s)” and push the “Use Selected” button.

4. I highlight (check) the 8887 entry from the Extension Mappings section and choose “Save and Rebuild Config(s) and Update Phones” and push the “Use Selected” button.

If I do it in this order, the phone will take the new extension without me having to factory reset the phone first. Is that correct?

Thanks Again!

Steps 1 to 3 are correct. Step 4 is unnecessary as at the time you are telling 8887 to reprovision itself, 8887 does not yet exist as a registered extension. Step 4 would be “Manually force a re-provision of the phone by power cycling or by some other method”

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.