Endpoint manager not installing phones

tftp server is started with xinetd.

How do you know that the tftp server is not running?

Try just doing a ‘get’ on the machine itself to localhost in your hoe directory and see if you can download a file.

You also have to restart xinetd to make the change in verbosity effective that I documented.

I am trying to use the End Point Manager system as well. I have updated all modules of FreePBX and For EPM both. I get the page that says “Install”, in a little green box for the different modules for the devices, however, when I push the install button, the page flashes, looks like it reloads, and then nothing else happens. I have uninstalled and re-installed EPM and didn’t fix it. I am running version 2.9.2.9, the downloadable version from the module admin page. Anyone have any suggestions?

@cpatchett

What version of FreePBX are you running. I had success with FreePBX 2.8.4.1 and EPM 2.9.3.1. I was having the exact problem that you were, but I was originally trying to use EPM 2.10.x.

I am running FreePBX 2.9.0.7, and trying to use EPM 2.9.2.9. By the looks of it, you have a newer EPM than I am seeing, I have updated everything that FreePBX will allow, and still at 2.9.2.9

Ok, so after reading your post and posting mine, I thought it would be wise, googled the EPM 2.9.3.1, found it, downloaded it, installed it, same thing is happening, not real sure where to look. I am very new to FreePBX, still learning a lot about it. Thank you for your help.

Can you try to install EPM 2.10.x??? Maybe found in the same link that you found 2.9.3.1.

I’m running FreePBX 2.9.0.2 with Endpoint Manager 2.9.2.9 and after downloading and installing EPM Package Updates, when I click on the “Install Firmware” buttom (for each brand and model) I get an error: “Firmware MD5 didn’t match”. I’m looking for some guidance, please.

Uninstall the brand and reinstall it and you’ll be good.

Sorry to be asking such a Noob question, but I’m having such a tough time understanding how to get the firmware on my Polycom 320 and 330 phones to work. I need direction on what I’m doing wrong. I was able to use EPM and found the right version of the older phones, started the tftp manually on the server, but they will not register…any suggestions? btw: they do boot and after trying for some time, reply with not able to find boot server using Plcm\Splp loading. Both phones find IP addresses, I’m able to ring using soft-phone, but will not register?
Thanks

Alex bell, please do not hijack threads. Post a new thread and explain in more detail what you have tried.

Turn on logging with the -v flag in the tftp init script (it’s off etc. in the xinet.d folder).

SkykingOH - I’m guessing that I’ve stepped on someone’s keyboard…? I did state that I was a NooB and am not sure what you mean by hijacking the threads? Please tell me the proper way of posting a question. Is it because I put the improper name in the subject?
I appreciate your direction of explaining in more detail what I’ve tired, but how do I avoid hijacking and post a “new” thread without offending anyone?
Please take pity on my stupidity…I really am brand new to this arena.

What you did was take an existing thread, that Andrew was helping someone else and asked a question about your Polycom software instead of starting a new topic.

The n00b doesn’t float any water. The Polycom software procedure is well documented in the Polycom administrators manual and we have held people’s hand through the procedure before.

You also did not tell us what you tried to do. The questions that get the most help are specific and well documented.

As far as being a new, everyone was at some time. You are new to here. Does that mean you are new to using social media and computers? Before I post in any community that I am not part of I always read through threads to get a feel for the community and it’s users.

So welcome to the forum. When you start a new thread and acknowledge this message I will delete your first post and these follow ups to keep the forum cleaned up. I am one of the volunteer janitors in the forums.

Did you ever fix this?