Endpoint Manager - Latest Polycom firmware available does not support HTTPS provisioning

We have struggled to get our Polycom VVX 410 phones to provision using HTTPS and after some research have found out that the firmwares available are out dated and do not support HTTPS.

Here is a link to the oldest firmware version that fixes the HTTPS provisioning bug:

Does anyone have a solution to this? We are needing to do external provisioning and none of the other protocols are encrypted which is why we don’t want to use them. Is it possible for the maintainers of EPM to update the available Polycom UC firmwares to 5.6.1 which is the stable version that fixed the HTTPS issue?

Thanks for any help that can be offered.

The EPM version currently in edge now has the ability to easily let you upload your own firmware choices. You may want to test that.

Please refer to https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPG/EPM-Custom+Firmware+Management which will let you upload your required(custom) phone firmware. Thanks.

@sorvani @kgupta1

Thanks for the information. I did install the latest EPM edge and was able to upload a firmware but how can I verify it is actually working? The documentation shows that the firmware list will show up after adding a custom firmware but so far it is not updating the list. I’ll include a picture:

I have not had free time to test this yet. I only have direct access to a few systems with EPM active, that I can access at will. But those clients are not asking for this, so it is a free time thing to test.

Hi @jarsever do you have custom firmware for polycom uploaded already ? or is this first time you are trying to push 0.0 to slot ? may be its worth to raise issue in issues.freepbx.org and provide all steps you performed along with 'fwconsole ma list | grep endpoint ’ output so we can dig further. thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.