EndPoint Manager Basefiles Question/Trouble

I have the current EPM from Schmooze and was able to go into the basefiles for an Aastra phone and make changes, save them, and apply them with no problem. Now I wanted to go into the basefiles for a Polycom and make a change, and it let me do this, but when I click on it to regenerate the template it clears the web page, and then just displays “EndPoint Manager is Currently BETA” with nothing else. So I am kind of at a loss as to how to update my Polycom template at this time.

We installed the EPM to configure the Polycom IP7000’s, and after using the default I have an issue where if your in a call, press conference to add a caller, you can’t dial fast enough to keep the phone happy, it just attempts to make the call and of course fails. So I was attempting to increase the digit timeouts on the phones, granted I am not sure why in the default it times out so fast that it’s unusable…

This is a known bug that was reported last week and is fixed in the latest version. Go update your EPM. It only effect Polycom phones with their multi file setup for BaseFile.

You must have just pushed that update, as I had run a module update early this morning. Anyway the update to .8 worked, and it reloaded the page as expected…

Thanks…