Endpoint Manager and Digium D50

Hello,

I am using FreePBX 6.12.65-30, new installation, where I was going to use the Digium Addons to configure the phones, and when I saw it wouldn’t do what I wanted, I un-installed it, and added EndPoint Manager 12.0.0.78

My phones are grabbing the firmware just fine, and grabbing the images, and setting up the BLFs and all that good stuff, but they are not registering SIP to the FreePBX server. sip show peers show all of the extensions, but no IP numbers. No registrations.

As I am older school, I created the extensions first before using the EPM, and had custom 6-digit SIP passwords. I have kept an old Aastra system going for 6+ years and doing stuff by hand. I am not used to the EPM way of doing things.

I saw the video, and it didn’t discuss setting up extensions at all. I suspect I have a corruption somewhere. I think I don’t have my SIP settings proper, and sip set debug on doesn’t display anything.

How do I tell EPM to register these phones properly?

Thanks,

Christian

Hello.

I should add that making a softphone connection by hand works flawlessly. Anything bypassing the EPM works in terms of SIP registrations. I did remove the application and re-install it. Also tried removing and creating a new extension in the event the password was the problem.

Thanks,

Christian

Hello,

Not hearing back from anyone, but thankful some folks looked at it, today I took out the installation disks, and rebuilt the server. Completely stayed away from the Digium module, as I am going with Endpoint Manager.

Digium D50 phones are accepting the programming… they are all have the little logos on the screen, and the BLF fields are fine, but * the phones are not registering *

Looking in /tftpboot, I see the config files, and the secrets match the ones in extensions and so forth, but I am not seeing any traffic on port 5060, with the exception of my softphone which works like a charm.

All of the D50s are on a single Buffalo PoE switch, no fancy VLAN going on. Why aren’t the D50 phones registering?

Christian

!! SOLVED !!

Ok, the problem was the Buffalo SmartWeb switch!

Some of the fields for DoS were enabled, and apparently that caused the 5060 traffic to be seen as a Denial of Service, and the switch was blocking the access.

I did not look at the switch first, because my softphone configured just fine. X-Lite got right onto the server no questions asked.

Thank you all for reading along…

Christian