Got a call from a customer this morning - live dialing from the keypad was giving a “Failed To Seize Line” error message and the calls were failing. Thought at first it was a network error because the client had redone their network this weekend - Closer examination of the phones showed that the Map from the EPM was not the map the Phone was showing - I had two lines, a transfer button for parking and a BLF for Park-71 - The Phone was showing 3 lines and the fourth line had a messed up icon.
Rolled back to 13.0.59, regenerated all the configs, and rebooted the phones and it was fixed.
Boy it seems like a lot of Endpoint Manager bugs lately…is a different person(s) maintaining it now?
No. Same person for the last 6 years.
Bummer - Maybe give them a vacation?
Here is the recent history of Grandstream. A few months ago Grandstream released a 1.0.7.x series of firmware for some of their GXP phones (2130, 2140, 2160, et al) to replace the previous 1.0.5.x version.
- PITA#1 is when you upgrade your phone to 1.0.7, you can’t later decide to downgrade back to 1.0.5.
- PITA#2 is that there are a few bugs in the 1.0.7 firmware; presumably they will be worked out by GS in time. No show stoppers that I’m aware of.
- PITA#3, the provisioning file configuration for 1.0.5 and 1.0.7 are different enough that attempting to provision a phone with the incorrect file format causes issues (such as boot looping).
So what does that mean for EPM users?
- if you are still on firmware 1.0.5 and you don’t have any pressing need for features introduced by 1.0.7, probably wise to hold off upgrading for a bit. You want to stay on EPM ver.
13.0.57 13.0.56. Using the old phone firmware with an older version of EPM still works fine for the short term. If you attempt to provision a 1.0.5 version phone with a file intended for 1.0.7 you can get a boot loop condition. You can roll back EPM using Module Admin.
- if you are on firmware 1.0.7 and are seeing quirks, you want to watch for new edge versions of EPM, and upgrade as soon as they are available with “fwconsole ma --edge upgrade endpoint”. If the latest edge version is not addressing your issue, look for any existing GS tickets or open a new one at http://issues.freepbx.org
- if you are thinking of upgrading to firmware 1.0.7, choose a single phone (or one of each model) and provision for your expected use case and ensure there are no show stoppers.
There is not a whole lot that Sangoma can do with this other than respond to legitimate bug tickets as they are identified to us.
I am haveign the same issue… How to you roll back the EPM. there is not where within module admin to rollback
You have to check for updates - then under the module, the previous versions become available to roll back to.
ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ok thanks @GSnover
@GSnover Even after checking for updates I am still unable to roll back - any suggestions?
Now EPM is so far past .56 I can’t get back there on the GUI. How can I go back to .56 now? Command line?