Endpoint expired premature?

(David Johnson) #1

Anyone else experiencing 25 year end point license that is marked expired but its a 25 year license?

FreePBX CM EndPoint Manager 25 Year License 1 2018-06-02 2043-06-02 2019-06-02 Expired

https://portal.sangoma.com/deployments/editDeployment/xxxxxxx#licenses

This happened on a couple of my PBX’s

You have a licence to use it for 25 years but you have to pay an annual fee to continue to get any updates.

(David Johnson) #3

thats what I though the 25 year license was for?

(Lorne Gaetz) #4

https://wiki.freepbx.org/display/FPAS/How+to+Renew+FreePBX+Commercial+Modules+Maintenance

(Jared Busch) #5

It has never been a one time purchase and all future updates. It shows that clearly on your system activation page.

It is ~$26 / year.

(Jared Busch) #6

That wiki tells them to go to the portal. but it is typically easier for most to do it from Module admin.

1. Click on Admin -> Module Admin
  2. Click Check Online
  3. After it checks, scroll to the bottom and there should be a renew button after Endpoint Manager
  4. Click that. A pop up will load showing a 1 year renew for $26.82. You can do that or change it to 3 years.
  5. Enter your Sangoma account information
  6. Enter the credit card information.
  7. Complete checkout

(David Johnson) #7

I do get the renew box on the list of modules, I just wasnt expecting it. I run VPS PBX systems that included the sysadm and EPM commercial module modules for free so I did not see the yearly maintenance fee on the “activation screen” as suggested. The text when I build my VPS servers said “25 year sysadm and EPM commercial modules included” so it just caught me by surprise.

(Dave Burgess) #8

It does that.

We’ve discussed this here in the forums with the Sangoma guys on several occasions. I look forward to a day when this is clearer - it catches lots of people by surprise. The other one that messes people up is when they buy (for example) EPM and then get it “for free” because they’ve bought a Sangoma phone. The cognitive dissonance on that one is pretty severe…

(system) closed #9

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.