Ending Phone Apps for Non-Sangoma Phones Saturday Oct 1st?!

I thought about letting the customer decide which version he wants to use. Like a select box in the settings. Version 13.x.x so you can continue dev. and other customers can install a old version on new systems.

Joel

We had accounted for the old system builder basic bundle in all of our forecasting but we are re-evaluating this based on all of the feedback we got here in this thread which is wonderful to see so many people engaging and we do truly listen to everyone even if at times it does not feel like it.

What I am working on for a plan is to slightly increase the price to help offset the development efforts it will take to keep these updated but removing support for some brands and only supporting Aastra, Yealink for 3rd party phones.

What would be the feedback on this from everyone here?

5 Likes

I’m fine with paying a little more for that plan. The Phone Apps module is definitely worth it.
Are Digium phones still supported using their own DPMA license?

Sorry yes Digium would be included still with Phone Apps as long as they keep providing support on their phones without DPMA. Their new touch screen phone does not support non DPMA at this time so we can not support it until they decide to add support for us.

When I moved from Switchvox to FreePBX about a year ago, I purchased test models of at least 1/2 dozen manufacturers to evaluate their phones and their interoperability with FreePBX. I settled on keeping a bunch of the Digium D70 phones that I had and purchased a bunch of the Aastra/Mitel 6869i’s. The Aastra’s had flexibility at the time that the other brands just couldn’t match. I also had a need for TLS/SRTP.

If your plan involves keeping Aastra and Digium, then it sounds excellent to me!

Thank you Tony for reconsidering this.

Supporting Aastra and Yealink will be great. as for me I don’t mind the cost. whatever it takes to keep it profitable so you can continue the development.

So I have buy in internally on this and I am pushing it through for the FreePBX users. It something enough of you were vocal about and we want to show we do listen. Not sure on the exact price yet but it will be between 250 and 300 but you heard it first hear it will not be EOL and the documentation and EOL web page will be updated soon. Thank you everyone for being candid and providing us the feedback.

The only last thing right now to work out is support level. Currently both Yealink and Digium are certified partners so when we have issues they are hear to help us fix them in their phones related to phone apps but Mitel/Aastra have refused so far so we need the community help here to put pressure on them to get into our certification program for us to leave their phones in Phone Apps.

3 Likes

I’m late to this thread, but I’ve been slowly updating some of our remote offices to a FreePBX cloud install and we’re using Yealink phones. I expect that our corporate office is soon to go that route as soon as I hear more happy users of FreePBX 14. I’m not brave enough to be in the vanguard on that.
That said, when we’re completely converted we’ll have >70 phones at approximately 30 locations and was looking forward to using the phone app for Contacts. My employer would gladly be in for ~$200/year for continued support for the Yealink phones.

Ok so final decision is made on this.

To please everyone we are going to change the EOL notice. We are still going to End of sale the 25 year license option but we will offer the 1 year license option at 149.00 a year. They are working on updating everything and will be effective in Sept.

You can stack as many 1 year licenses as you want on the same system to buy more than 1 year at a time or wait and renew it each year before it expires. This will allow us to still support and continue to provide upgrades and support on phone apps.

3 Likes

Will the pricing for PBXAct 3rd party phone support also go up with sept.?