End point Manager Questions

Good Morning All,

I have started with work with the end point manager and I think most of it is sorted now but have two questions.

1. I’m using “Yealink” phones and in the configuration under dial plan,they have a option for “dial now” rather than waiting for the default phone timeout or the user to press “#” or send. How would I add that information to the configuration file(s) of endpoint manager so is rolled out to all my phones?

2. I see from “Provisioner.net” there are update config files for the phones. Any idea where I can find instructions on how to update these?

Thanks and best wishes

1. You’d have to add it yourself to either the mac file or the global file

2. Click ‘check for updates’ under ‘End Point Configuration’

it is more of a question of how do I workout what I need to add to get the “dial now” working?

Thanks

Let me know if this works so I can add it into Endpoint Manager…please…Add this to the y00000000004.cfg file:

[ DialNow ]
path = /config/DialRule/DialNow.cfg
#Set Dial now
1 = *[3-9]x
2 = 3xxxxxxx
3 = 0[2-9]xxxxxxxx
4 = 4xx
5 =
6 =
7 =
8 =
9 =
10 =

Where do I find the y00000000004.cfg ???

and I will test for you today…

Thanks

/tftpboot

actually I’m going to have you edit a different file. (which is the global master file for endpoint manager)

go here:

/var/www/html/admin/modules/_ep_phone_modules/endpoint/yealink/t2x

you’ll see a file like y00000000000000.cfg (probably too many zeros in mine), put dialnow into that and then save and go to endpoint manager and regenerate the configs (Rebuild & Reboot)

Is there a way to do this for all phones? I cannont see anything under advanced setting about this…

Thanks Again

On the main page…end point devices. There is a button. :slight_smile:

Hi Andrew,
Which file would I add that dialnow to?

/var/www/html/admin/modules/_ep_phone_modules/endpoint/cisco/sip79xx??

Thanks
Alan

This is for yealink phones not cisco phones.

What can I do to get rid of the delay between dialing a number and it starting to ring? There’s about a 10sec delay

You need to setup the dial plan properly on the phone so it matches the digits dialed and then sends. A dial plan consists of a series of “match patterns” ordered from most specific to least specific.

For example a simple dial plan that supports 3 digit extensions starting with 1, and 10 digit dialing with 9 access and feature codes:

1xx|*xx|**1xx|x11|*1xx|9NxxNxxxxxx

1xx allows 1 and any two digits
*xx is the * and any two digits (feature codes)
**1xx is two *`s a 1 and any two digits (directed call pickup)
*1xx is a * a 1 and any two digits (direct VM access)
9XxxNxxxxxx is a 9 followed by 2-9 followed by any two digits (area code) followed by 2-9 then any 6 digits (all north american numbers)

The | is the separator character, some model phones have slight variations but the concept is the same. The exact details are covered in the admin manual of your phone.