Email not received through voicemail

Hello All,

I am looking for support to solve the email issue with freepbx, we recently changed our email server and the password got changed for the freepbx email account, I have updated the new password under system admin/ email setup option but we are not receiving any email when a user leaves a voicemail.

before changing the email server everything was working fine, is there anywhere else i need to update the new password in the freepbx. the version we are using is FreePBX 13.0.197.31.

appreciate if someone could hep me fixing the issue.

What do you see in the mail log?

I speculate that there’s literally a TLS version requirement that is not met.

Unrelated to your issue. Consider upgrading to a supported version.

Hi

how can i check the mail log, from the web menu of asterisk logs or through the root login.

can you provide the command for that?

Run

tail -f /var/log/maillog

Reproduce the issue and post the output.

Sep 5 16:43:04 vps1488317568 postfix/error[21114]: F20CC64F6: to=<>, orig_to=<asterisk>, relay=none, delay=357482, delays=357482/0/0/0, dsn=4.0.0, status=deferred (delivery temporarily suspended: SASL authentication failed; server [72.52.142.10] said: 535 Incorrect authentication data)

You need to update your sasl credentials in postfix

1 Like

can you please advise or steps on how to update this sasl credential in postfix.

Hi Andrew,

can you please tell me how to update sasl credential in postfix as you mentioned,

is it possible to explain step by step procedure so I can do it as i am new to this freepbx and need support

http://www.postfix.org/SASL_README.html

You should have the correct credentials in /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd

Then

postmap hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd

and in /etc/postfix/main.cf add at the bottom of the file

smtp_sasl_auth_enable = yes
smtp_sasl_password_maps = hash:/etc/postfix/sasl_passwd
smtp_sasl_security_options =
1 Like

Thanks Andrew,

can you please confirm if this below config would solve the issue that emails are going out from asterisk domain com

No one can guarantee here anything, we are working/suggesting off of the logs.

So after you’ve done what Andrew had posted AND restarted postfix (service postfix restart) and it still doesn’t work, please provide the mail logs again.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.