Email configuration for Office 365

Great points I will try to mark both as the solution. My hat goes off to you, Matt and the others for taking so much time to help make FreePBX work better for me and the rest of the community. Seriously… tremendous respect for all you guys put into this.

Yep, still encrypted w/ TLS.

Thanks for the feedback, @pauld. I will update when I get another moment. Glad you got it working!

Thanks for your inputs and expertise, @Marbled!

Added SASL Security Options recommendation to the tutorial post. Thanks for the mention that this was missing.

Matthew B your step by step write up works. I was having problems setting up Office365 email and the only thing I would add, is to add the office365 email in the PBXact setup wizard too. if you skipped the wizard go back and make sure to use the same office365 email address you want to use in the SysAdmin. Thank you Matthew. Very good work.

Mike

1 Like

Glad to help! It shouldn’t be this difficult!

The bias is with getting asterisk/freepbx working with sendmail, etc. Not with external services, unless it is gmail. The vast majority (95%) of my clients are using Office 365/Exchange email.

I beat SharePoint into submission for a living for NASA. And I tell you, this Office 365 setup with asterisk/freepbx is the most asinine to setup. Really.

Cheers!