configuration
Tags: #<Tag:0x00007f702741e760>

(Johannes) #1

Dear Team

I have two questions ?

1. I have a error on my notification dashboard

Failed to send update notification email
An attempt to send an email to “” with update notifications failed

I made sure my PostFix settings are correct and did test email from CLI see below results all seems good.

[root@dgdc ~]# tail -f /var/log/maillog

Received OK [IeGsl9w-PeeJgEMUJSwi8w.za95])

I don’t have the system admin module that allow you to add SMTP in GUI but i can confirm with above test logs i can receive test emails from FreePBX 14.0.16.2 system.

1. Can i get backup complete email notification below is all the settings i have made but still not getting alerts via email.

Please advise

Kind Regards

Johann

(Lorne Gaetz) #2

Backup module version? Email notifications for backups are configured as part of the backup job, not system admin.

(Yeomsley) #3

If you are doing backups with the new “Backup & Restore” module, did you set the Notification Email field? This is who the notification will get sent out to when backups complete.

It looks like this:

backupEmail

(Johannes) #4

Hi Sir Sorry mean this option below i dont have it on the GUI so had to use the postfix method.

• On the top menu click Admin
  • In the drop down click System Admin
  • In the right side navigation menu click Email Setup

(Johannes) #5

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

(Johannes) #6

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

(Johannes) #7

The email type is different but above should still work ?

(Johannes) #8

These forms are not the same anymore lots of other people ask questions and no answers