Elastix and FreePBX 2.9 to Clean FreePBX 2.11 Distro install

Morning -

To summarize, I am running Elastix, with FreePBX 2.9 installed (upgraded to 2.9 from the FreePBX gui). I want to upgrade to latest 2.11, but I am hitting a wall when trying to upgrade, plus Elastix has issues.

From all that I have read, Elastix makes changes to FreePBX and I am pretty sure there is nothing special in Elastix that is benefiting me. (Question 1: I know I am on FreePBX forum, but what extra value, if any does Elastix bring to the table?)

Here is my thought, I am going to toss two SSDs in RAID 1 in the box (box has tons of ram and CPU (on avg I use 1-2% of CPU!), and install from the Distro (64 Bit 3.2.11.x with FreePBX 2.11). This will get me away from Elastix and have a clean FreePBX install. I would then like to mount the old drive and pull over files I need to setup my system. I have a Sangoma card that brings in 4 lines and some Cisco 7960 phones. We already cleaned out VM from all boxes.

Does anyone know of a list, guide, an old post, etc. so that I know what files I can pull over or the ones I should just reference and create new so that this goes smooth?! I know I need the voice recordings and the on-hold, but would appreciate some direction / help / prayers…

Thanks in advance!

Thank you for your response. That was my thought too on both issues. I have all the other tools I already need. I just want a great PBX that I can grow, develop, and enjoy.

I just opened my trusted EditPlus and have been making notes.

Thanks again!

From previous experience Elastix tries to add more than a PBX needs. There’s file sharing and document sharing and exchange type services. They are trying to be a “messaging” platform, with a limited staff of programmers they have a lot of work ahead of them.

You can try the backup module. But I wouldn’t recommend doing it going from 2.9 to 2.11. you’ll have issues. The best way would be to get a notepad out and copy and paste your settings from/to that.