Echo Cancellation with WRTP54G

I’ve run into an Echo issue and don’t seem to be able to find a solution.

I’ve done quite a lot of searching and readin but sitll don’t seem to be able to find an answer to my issue.

Basically I have and Asterisk / FreePBX box that has 3 SIP Trunks (2 google voice and 1 CallCentric).

For extensions, I have 2 SIP extensions to a Linksys WRTP54G and 2 SIP extensions to SIP desk phones.

When I make calls to the SIP desk phones from either a Cell Phone or PSTEN I do not hear any echo and the sound quality is good. When I make calls to the extensions that are coneected to the WRTP54G I get echo occuring. This occurs regardless of the incomming SIP trunk.

I’m at a loss as to what to do here. I know it’s not the analogue phone itself as it used to be connected to the WRTP54G and used with Vonage.

Thanks

Andrew

So, when I make a call from my VOIP handset (extension 1006) to the ATA extension 1005 on the WRTP54G I do not hear any echo. However, when a call is placed from either another landline device connected to POTS or a Cell Phone they hear echo. This is in the case where the calls come in over the SIP trunks from CallCentric or Google Voice and get routed to the WRTP54G ATA (Extension 1005). If a call comes in over the SIP Trunk and gets routed to the VOIP handset (Extension 1006), no echo is heared.

Any thoughts?