E911 2nd location question

I am wondering how to set up a second location through a VPN to have that location be correct for e911.

I have set up the main location, I went into the Telnyx portal (my SIP provider) and added emergency services and added that location. But right now the second location is wrong.

This second location only has 2 phones but I know i need to get the e911 location right. Do I add another phone number in the telnyx portal and then add that 2nd location to it? Then with those extensions do i add that second phone number under emergency CID?

That is exactly what the emergency CID field is for. You don’t have to buy aonther DID unless you only have the one. Just use a second one.

So, am I correct that I would just add the 2nd number as another emergency outbound route in the outbound routes page. Add that number to my ext. emergency CID and I will be good to go?

If you make a second route, then you don’t need to do anything on the extensions and just force the CID in the route.

Thank you for the help, everything seems to be working great.

This topic was automatically closed 31 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.