Dynamically change caller ID based on outbound digits

I’m wondering if there is a way to dynamically change the outgoing caller id based on the particular number being dialed. A little background about our setup:

We have agents that make outbound calls on behalf of our clients. As of right now, they manually change the caller id with each call they make to reflect that of the particular client they are calling on behalf of.

Is it possible to load a list into a database that freepbx will look at, and if the outbound number being dialed matches a number in the database, it will pull the corresponding caller id record for that outbound number and populate it before sending the call through?

I apologize if I am not concise enough, and will elaborate more if need be. Thanks in advance for all of your help!

outbound routes can set the caller id, have a different prefex for each client, when making a call for client (a) dial there prefex and the number and your caller id will be set for that route.

That’s an avenue I can take. The only downfall to this is that it’s still a manual process. I’d really like for it to be as automated as possible.

In this here is answer you will find what you are looking for. Basically:

exten => _8XXX/123,1,Set(CALLERID(num)=456)

If 123 calls _8XXX, it will set 456 as caller-id. Need help in programming stuff, i can help :grinning:
We can create a script that can generates a .txt file with some dialplan stuff.

1 Like